Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CM15A Unacceptable RF Range  (Read 75203 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM15A Unacceptable RF Range
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 11:32:04 AM »

Sounds like the same one in my V572 kit.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 02:40:03 PM »

A SR731 repeater helped with some more distant (30 feet) sensors.

Wow, I could not get either of my SR731 repeaters to work at all with my CM15A.   :'(

Even when I have both an SR731 and the CM15A plugged into the same outlet (which means they were within a few feet of each other), nothing.   If I pressed the SR731's "Test" button, which for the ver I have would generate an M1 'on', nothing at all would still show in the AHP's Activity Monitor.

In contrast, my SR731's work great with both my CM14A, and with my regular transceivers.    ;D
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 05:25:51 PM »

Well, now, I have to admit that I did the antenna modification on the 15.  That is, I added some wire to the existing antenna as suggested here by others.

Boiler

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 05:38:17 PM »

Walt2,

Keep in mind that your CM15a is a beta unit (May '04).  It probably doesn't respond the same as newer units due to firmware differences.

My '04 unit shuts down everything when I disable a transceived houscode - no transceived X10, no macros executed, nothing.

Is it possible that you had your transceived housecode disabled?

I'm currently using a SR731 to repeat a motion sensor output from my second floor to my '06 CM15a in the basement (75+ feet through floors, walls, and ductwork).  No problems. 

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 06:29:36 PM »

Boiler,

I am very sure that the transceiver functions were indeed enabled when I did my tests.  My CM15A had no problem "seeing" direct RF signals, those not going thru either of my repeaters.

Is it possible that your motion detector is directly reaching your CM15A?   

One way to see, if you haven't already, is to check when you press the Test button on the repeater, that it shows up in the AHP Activity Monitor.  It would be either as an M1 'on' or as an A1 'on' depending on your SR731 version.

Could you check and let us know?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 06:32:15 PM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Boiler

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 07:42:57 PM »

Just checked the repeater (it's the pro version PSX01),

It transmits reliably on code "A1" from my second floor when the Test button is pressed. 

My motion sensor will intermittently make it to the CM15a (I get intermittent double codes for the motion sensor).  The motion sensor is ~ 20 feet closer to the Cm15a than the repeater (horizontal distance - not line of sight).

My UR74a (4 battery) and palmpad are totally unable to reach the Cm15a without the repeater.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 08:41:01 PM »

It transmits reliably on code "A1" from my second floor when the Test button is pressed. 

You might have just given me the best reason yet to replace my beta-CM15A with a real production version.   ;)

Boiler

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2007, 08:22:52 AM »

You might have just given me the best reason yet to replace my beta-CM15A with a real production version.   ;)

I wasn't trying to talk you out of your hard earned money.  Just trying to point out that the Firmware version in your unit will likely make it respond differently to RF.

If your system is stable as it is, I'm not sure I would recommend replacing the unit.  You may wind up fixing a lot of old problems and creating new ones.

If you're a Hobbiest (I think I already know the answer here) and you are still adding to your system, you might be well served to upgrade.  The Smart Macros worked reasonably well on my '04 unit.  I never tried the IWitness, Myhouse, or security package with this unit.

I have no explanation why your CM15a will not respond to 2 SR731's when your CM14a will.  Bit timing issue?

babybearjs

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 02:12:12 AM »

what is the RF range anyway, I never knew... isint it suppose to be 50 to 100 ft? maybe they need to make the unit with a REMOVABLE antenna? like a wireless network card??? they way you can put a antenna on it with a cord....
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.