Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: new to automation and need help  (Read 2481 times)

autohouse613

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
new to automation and need help
« on: June 19, 2007, 08:23:02 PM »

hi everyone,

ive been on the x10 site before , but dont exactly know where to go or find what i need. I have a 2 bedroom house (if that matters) and i would like to automate my lights in all my bathrooms, rooms, kitchen, etc....i dont know what products or systems i need in order to run that configuration. can anyone tell me more about this?

also are there any other things i can automate other than my lights?

thanks a bunch

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: new to automation and need help
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 09:11:15 PM »

I would like to automate my lights in all my bathrooms, rooms, kitchen, etc.... also are there any other things i can automate other than my lights?

1st you will want to get a deal from the X10.com site. They have plenty! A Home automation package (this is a link) that includes a variety of items is a great start (be sure to get a transceiver too). That was the package I bought when I decided to automate my home theater.

Cameras and a security system are always a comfort.

If you own a computer, the AHP (Active Home Pro) is the way to make your automation system "smart". The AHP doesn't set up as easy as the other "standard devices" but it's worth the extra "tinkering time" involved. Then if you really want the home of the future, download BVC (Bill's Voice Commander) . Then: BE PREPARED TO HAVE FUN.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 10:15:09 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: new to automation and need help
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 09:23:01 PM »

...ive been on the x10 site before , but dont exactly know where to go or find what i need....
It's easy to get lost at the X10 web site.
What would you like to do? I'd recommend the AHP with macros for a start. Read up first and see if that is over kill for your needs or not enough.

...also are there any other things i can automate other than my lights?...
Radio, fans, garage doors (recommend macro for this.), wake to coffee, web cams (including video and still picture capture), automatic drapes...
The list is limited only by your imagination and bank account. I have a blower for my fireplace switched by X10. I even have a Halloween display that dims the light and runs a fog machine when kids come to the door. Fire department visited me last year. Seems one of my neighbors thought my house was on fire but that's another story.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:25:35 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.