Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using a separate video transmitter/receiver with VR36A  (Read 8955 times)

Jeffx10

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Using a separate video transmitter/receiver with VR36A
« on: June 14, 2007, 07:56:23 PM »

Here is my situation. I have a 3 camera system for my garage that is viewed within my garage with a vcr/tv combo for taping. Is there a way of using a transmiiter to transmit the video from the VR36A to my house which is about 100Ft away. I will be going with AHP with Iwatchout so I can view on my computer. I was looking on ebay and found some transmitter/receiver packages that can range up to 1000'. Or should I just put the VR36A in the house and do the antenna mod and hope I can view all the cameras? If anyone has any comments on this or a better solution, please let me know. Thanks

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Using a separate video transmitter/receiver with VR36A
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 08:14:09 PM »

You can use a modulator, to convert the camera signal to a antenna (TV) type signal. Or maybe even do that using the VCR. Then route the signal to the house using coax cable.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

Jeffx10

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 08:32:06 PM »

I thought about using the VR31A instead of the VR36 and running a coax cable from the garage to the house. But how would I convert it back to a rca cable so I can use VA11a for the Iwatch program? Is there modulator that can convert coax to rca?

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 09:35:49 PM »

I use the Phillips auto-switcher as a "hub" for my cameras. Then I route my modulated signal into my own cable network, replacing channel 3. Then at a VCR, the VRC's tuner converts it back to a RCA type video output. I also re-transmit that signal to an upstairs TV using an X10 video sender/receiver, into another Phillips auto-switcher. That way if I put in a DVD, or if a camera is triggered ON, the signal automatically replaces the cable-box channel and "appears on the TV", if it is ON.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 09:38:32 PM by Dave_x10_L »

Jeffx10

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 10:19:07 AM »

Dave, are your cameras wired? Mine are all wireless.  I could see using the Phillip's hub for wired cameras, but how would it work for wireless? I think I will use another sender/receiver and from the garage to the house instead of running wire. Less time consuming.
Thanks for the help. Also great tuturials. I will be doing the CM15A antenna mod you did.

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 05:26:43 PM »

Dave, are your cameras wired? Mine are all wireless.  I could see using the Phillip's hub for wired cameras, but how would it work for wireless? I think I will use another sender/receiver and from the garage to the house instead of running wire. Less time consuming.
Thanks for the help. Also great tuturials. I will be doing the CM15A antenna mod you did.

Most of my camera are wired, but I also use wireless. Using a video receiver (plugged into an appliance module) at the hub allows for extended reception of the wireless camera.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.