Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What else do I need?  (Read 5405 times)

forthill

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
What else do I need?
« on: June 28, 2007, 01:41:21 PM »

Hello.
I have some old X10 camera equipment that I never took out of the box and I want to make use of it now.  I'll list what I have and tell you what I want to be able to do.  Please tell me what other stuff I need to buy, if anything.

Have:
3 2.4GHz Anywhere ScanCam2 Color Cameras Model XX11A-2-C
2 Video Receivers w/PS Model VK40A-C
1 Mini Tranceiver Model TM751-C
1 Battery pack for XC10C Model ZB10A-C
1 Camera Scanning Remote Model CR12A-C
1 4 piece Firecracker Interface Kit Model CK18A (prob won't need)

I want to be able to use my cameras and view them on the Internet as well as capture their output on my VCR.  I want to be able to capture motion-activated only (not record forever with nothing to see).

What else do I need to purchase and has anyone have a similar setup?

Thanks!
Walter

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: What else do I need?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 07:01:36 PM »

Hello.
I have some old X10 camera equipment that I never took out of the box and I want to make use of it now.  I'll list what I have and tell you what I want to be able to do.  Please tell me what other stuff I need to buy, if anything.

Have:
3 2.4GHz Anywhere ScanCam2 Color Cameras Model XX11A-2-C
2 Video Receivers w/PS Model VK40A-C
1 Mini Tranceiver Model TM751-C
1 Battery pack for XC10C Model ZB10A-C
1 Camera Scanning Remote Model CR12A-C
1 4 piece Firecracker Interface Kit Model CK18A (prob won't need)

I want to be able to use my cameras and view them on the Internet

You will want to download the software that came (as a download) with the firecracker unit you bought. You also will need the USB Video Adapter (VA11A). You can find these at the X10.com Site, under cameras/accessories.

as well as capture their output on my VCR.  I want to be able to capture motion-activated only (not record forever with nothing to see).

For that you will need a VCR Commander (a Video Commander II would be best) and some (or at least one) motion sensor (wireless) ActiveEye (or EagleEye).

I can't guarantee that will be all you want. I don't know your intentions.... or how your setup will be layed-out or designed. But (I think) that should get you started.

I am pretty sure this will all setup in 10 minutes (or less). But I would keep the weekend free for setup...... just to be sure!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 07:05:07 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

forthill

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 09:06:15 PM »

Why would I need/use the firecracker kit with my camera setup?
Anyway, I wanted to set up a few of my cameras in my home to monitor some workmen that will soon be working on replacing my home heating system.  I will not be on site during the installation and although the head/owner vouches for all his workers I would feel better being able to capture and view anything out of the ordinary.
Afterwards I would just use the system for security purposes when nobody is at home (during work, vacation, etc).

Walter

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 10:10:03 PM »

4 piece Firecracker Interface Kit Model CK18A (prob won't need)

I want to be able to use my cameras and view them on the Internet

I don't know what is in your four piece kit.... or what software was included. You may not need it... but the firecracker is a nice little device (and paid for). I added the link, cause many people can't seem to find it.

The USB Video Adapter (VA11A) also comes with a software (download) package.

I will assume (never a good idea) you will want an (Internet) camera (always on) where the workers SHOULD be, so you can check in remotely from work. And VCR enabled cameras to tape areas where the workers SHOULDN'T be. (A couple motion sensors should work there).

Sounds (reads) like a plan!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

forthill

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 01:40:19 PM »

It would be nice, and maybe it already does this, if the software could also send out an email/alert when it detects motion and starts recording.

Walter

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.