Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP and Internet Explorer 7.0 - res://AHP.DLL/203  (Read 8513 times)

X10inGA

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP and Internet Explorer 7.0 - res://AHP.DLL/203
« on: June 24, 2007, 08:40:42 AM »

I have a peculiar problem with Internet Explorer 7 and ActiveHome Pro.  More specifically, it suspect it may be with MyHouse Online, though I didn't actually have any problems with ActiveHome MyHouse Online connecting.  It connects fine.

My problem is that everytime I launch Internet Explorer 7 or any 'favorite', it opens two tabs, the page I was going to and another page for "res://AHP.DLL/203" even if Active Home or MyHouse were not running.

The res://AHP.DLL/203 that launches automatically (I did not launch it and AHP is not running) goes to "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

I suspect this is a bug with MyHouse Online and Internet Explorer 7.0.  It doestn't really seem to keep anything from working, but it's a bit annoying that two tabs always seem to open when you only wanted to go to a web page and did not want or need anything ActiveHome or MyHouse Online running at the time. 

Is anyone else having this same problem?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 08:43:30 AM by X10inGA »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: AHP and Internet Explorer 7.0 - res://AHP.DLL/203
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 12:36:49 PM »

I am going to assume.... that your using XP with IE 7.

Click tools (top right tab in IE7)

Select "Internet Options" from the drop down.

In the pop-up window, you will see an area where you can select the number of tabs (and http locations of tabs) DE-select the offending Page/link.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 12:38:28 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10inGA

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: AHP and Internet Explorer 7.0 - res://AHP.DLL/203
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 06:08:35 PM »

Thanks, but that is a workaround that then disables my preferred setting of tabbed browsing.  That does not fix or answer the issue.

I'm trying to get to the bottom of the cause.   Why is it that ActiveHome Pro is trying to open a page "res://AHP.DLL/203" in Internet Explore 7 when I am launching totally unrelated web sites and AHP is not even running?  For example.  I try to open my banking web site from either Favorites or a desktop shortcut, IE opens two tabs, the "res://AHP.DLL/203" which goes to page cannot be displayed and one for my banking site which is the only one I was trying to open in the first place.

It's not the home page setting as my home page is set to Yahoo eMail and MyWay home page which both open fine when just launching IE 7 on it's own (as expected).  It has been doing this on both my PC's after connecting to myhouse.x10.com for the first time over a month or so ago, and I can't seem to be able to stop it from doing so without disabling the tabbed browsing (the above workaround).

Any other ideas?  Anyone?   : )

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.