Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not Happy that the with Vista support  (Read 9078 times)

lummox

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Not Happy that the with Vista support
« on: May 19, 2008, 08:47:43 AM »

I just feel I wasted my money.  It appears that X-10 doesn't have any drivers for the VA11A video USB that work under Vista.  I emailed tech support and they told me to run Win98 or XP.  Come on get with the program, Vista has been out for well over 1-1/2 years, either support it or send me money back.  Also no where can I find any disclaimers about OS versions.  This is unacceptable....you may have lost a customer of over 10 years.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Not Happy that the with Vista support
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 05:58:11 PM »

Sorry you are unhappy, but you have a right to be.  X10 has been aware since Vista came out that the VA11A has problems under it.  Check the topics in the Forums, there are workarounds.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

paulie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 07:11:42 PM »

Sorry you are unhappy, but you have a right to be.  X10 has been aware since Vista came out that the VA11A has problems under it.  Check the topics in the Forums, there are workarounds.

Thanks Dan, I have been searching for a VA11A Vista compatible driver for over a year.  Finally gave up around Jan 08, and have not boughten an X10 device since, as I spent a fortune for camera, etc, and they are all totally useless to me without a way to interface them with the computer.  Firgure that X10 has taken me to the cleaners already, and I don't want it to continue.

Then I read your comment that workaround exist.  I tried looking for them, but failed to find specific instructions. Can you please be more specific as to where they can be found.  Maybe the moderator can put a "sticky note" to them so others can find them as I understand that it is a common request.

Thanks. Paul

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 07:18:12 PM »

Actually I have a link to the VA11A work around in Topic: X10 Issues? Please Read This First!  (Read 27581 times) it may be beneficial to read the whole thread a couple of times as others have added new tricks/steps needed!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 07:52:49 AM »

Hey Paulie - don't feel too bad if you can't get the "work-around" to work - a lot of us can't. 

Easiest thing to do is get an XP machine on eBay and run AHP on it. - And if you do - make sure it has multiple USB ports!
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

lummox

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 02:09:06 PM »

After being directed to other threads I did find a way to make the driver work with Vista with a little bit of editing and some rebooting...thanks all for the help...You would think X10 would know they could make the driver work so easily just by adding 3 semi-colons to the driver info file...they should make it available....keep a lot of people from getting P'd off.
 #:)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.