Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Xray Vision parameters too slow  (Read 15928 times)

adamssc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Xray Vision parameters too slow
« on: June 26, 2007, 07:14:08 AM »

I have Xray vision working with my TV capture card as a WIN32 device driver. The program is used on a XP machine with 2.6Ghz processor and 512Mb RAM.

I have set it up for motion detection as per the WIKI, but I find that 5 seconds between each picture is far too slow, people disappear out of shot, so I either get them coming into picture or out of it!

Is there any way of altering the minimum parameters to produce more pictures per second?
I cannot set it below 5, even though the camera can take 25X5 frames=125 per 5 second interval.
The minimum number of pictures held in  the database could also be reduced (currently 10) as I am saving the JPEG pictures to the local drive. But again this is not possible.

Most motion detection programs work on frames per second, Xray seems to work on seconds per frame.

Again great program, but could do with an update in 5 years.

CAZ

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Xray Vision parameters too slow
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 08:33:21 AM »

BUMP, I guess not huh.  I agree with you on this one, I have the same problem.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Xray Vision parameters too slow
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 09:50:24 AM »

Unfortunately X10 has devoted their time and resources to Active Home Pro and all it's plug-ins! ::)
XrayVison is unlikely to get any update soon as it is an entry level program which is a freebie! ::)
To bad x10 didn't incorporate the motion sensoring into the iWitness/iWatchout plug-in for Active Home Pro! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.