Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Only get "AHP Video Monitoring" splash screen when remote monitoring  (Read 29997 times)

sixtysix

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Once AHP connects from remote computer (takes a long time to get connected), AHP remote functions work ok except the video. When I click on one of the 3 cameras (low light units), all I get is the  "AHP Video Monitoring" splash screen. The video works fine on the master computer on which AHP is installed but not on remote computers, and I've tried 3 of them.
The video function worked fine several months ago from any of these 3 remote computers, seemed to get worse a couple of months ago, and now i can't get them to see video images remotely at all.
No changes were made on the remote computers or the AHP master. All other remote functions are working, including pan and tilt on the Ninja camera base. The "MyHouse Status" screen shows that video is connected and cameras are selected.
Did something change at X10 that I missed?
Any ideas? Thanks!

psycho

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Only get "AHP Video Monitoring" splash screen when remote monitoring
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 03:05:43 PM »

Me too.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 08:14:28 AM »

sixtysix
Since nothing changed on the PCs (that you can think of)
Did you change routers or update the firmware for your router?
Is it possible the router may have been reset to fatory defaults?
You may have to go in and edit the routers settings again! :(
If all else fails get X10dispatcher set your AHP to use auto stills in place of video and set the capture to the min.
Dispatcher will display the images over the internet via it's server, MSN or email and it is free!
Also if your having problems loging on from work x10dispatcher will work as you can tell it what ports to use! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

azzar0

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 01:35:15 PM »

sixtysix
Since nothing changed on the PCs (that you can think of)
Did you change routers or update the firmware for your router?
Is it possible the router may have been reset to fatory defaults?
You may have to go in and edit the routers settings again! :(
If all else fails get X10dispatcher set your AHP to use auto stills in place of video and set the capture to the min.
Dispatcher will display the images over the internet via it's server, MSN or email and it is free!
Also if your having problems loging on from work x10dispatcher will work as you can tell it what ports to use! ;)
Hey T,
Do you happen to know what ports you would need to open in the router settings for the video to go through?
I have the same problem, except mine works on and off. The MyHouse Status window shows "Video Connecting... Video Connected" messages every so often, but like I said, sometimes I get video, sometimes I don't. Today I don't. Tomorrow - I'll let you know :)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 01:47:27 PM »

azzar0
Each router is different I didn't have to do anything with my ports but I did have to play with the "advanced settings"  change some of the filter settings as well set my AHP machine as a DMZ host  ;)
 The filters I enabled were:
    [li]Multicast Pass Through[/li]
    [li]IPSec Pass Through[/li]
    [li]PPTP Pass Through[/li]
    [/b]
    [/list]
    I also have Filter Internet NAT Redirection enabled but I believe that was for something different!
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

azzar0

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 02:29:32 PM »

Well, I promised I'd let you know, so here I am reporting. This morning it worked fine, without any changes. I rebooted the system at noon, logged on from my laptop - it worked again. Came back to my office, tried to reconnect - no go! I've been trying for 2 1/2 hours to reconnect without any luck! And it was just working fine went I left home, not to mention it worked fine from the office in the morning...

This MyHouse stuff is a nice idea, but very poor execution. I agree with other posters who use VPN to get in their computers - much more reliable that way!

azzar0

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 02:59:50 PM »

I decided to keep trying and trying and trying. I was determined to see how long it takes to get to my system (in case I ever have an emergency and have to get on the internet to turn the lights on OR let a neighbor in by opening the garage door remotely, etc).

I am pleased to report that after only 3 hours I was able to get in!!!! AND I can see the cameras as well. So, next time I'm out of town I will ask my neighbor to prepare for a long wait before feeding my cat!
    Sarcasm is intentional here, not accidental, in case you wonder...

Seriously - 3 HOURS TO BE ABLE TO WATCH YOUR CAMERAS???? People can watch activity on Mars quicker than I can look at what's going on at home... I could run home AND come back to office 6 times in the time it takes to connect.

X10 - ARE YOU LISTENING?

azzar0

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 10:29:13 AM »

Reporting again - Today is another day - it only took me 7 tries (must be the lucky number!) and 35 minutes to connect, but I am fully connected and the cameras feed is in. While this is improvement compared to yesterday, it still needs work.

psycho

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »

I've still never gotten my video back.  Can sign on within an hour or so, but never get video :-\

psycho

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 03:14:45 PM »

Whoa! Got video!  Still changed nothing!!  Still glad I don't have to count on this though.  First video in about a week! :D

sixtysix

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 09:38:07 PM »

Tuicemen,
    Thanks for the replies; I haven't been online for a few days.
    It's possible the router may have changed on my computer at home, but not likely on the one at work, and on the 3rd 'puter, I use a Sprint broadband card which had always worked in the past.
    Getting a connection still is sporadic and it almost always takes a long time. Still no video images.
    I'll try your suggestion initializing the router, but I'm not too optimistic.
    Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    « Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 07:36:31 AM »

Until x10 adds the ability for one to user other servers you'll be at the mercy of X10s server!
    Many company's will not let you connect to the x10 server! If you really have to have streaming video NOW then you'll have to look at some expensive reliable software which uses your PC as the server and not their server. :(
    If being able to control your home from the office and simply view some up to date pics then X10dispatcher is your answer!
    I know I push this program allot but Dave has added things to this before x10 created the plug-ins that do the same as well it will do so much more!
    Dispatcher uses your PC as the server no middle man! ;) :D ;D You can specify any port so you can connect from your work! Best of all it is free!
    No waiting for a pic, x10dispatcher image updates are user configureable!
    « Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 01:59:02 PM by Tuicemen »
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

peterdunn

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 10:04:06 AM »

If being able to control your home from the office and simply view some up to date pics then X10dispatcher is your answer!

That server or site seems to be down too. :-(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    « Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 02:04:04 PM »

That server or site seems to be down too. :-(
    I checked the post incase I'd made a typo in the address but every thing seems ok! Seems even links from the forums are suffering today as I have had problems with other links as well.
    Try cut and pasting http://x10dispatcher.com/ into another window! ;)
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

zach1234

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »

try port forwarding ports 443 8080 8001 80. You might want to try a computer that has no ISS.
    « Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 04:17:24 PM by Zach1234 »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
    © Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.