Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: remotes will not switch cameras on my 4 camera system  (Read 4375 times)

pmcguire16

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
remotes will not switch cameras on my 4 camera system
« on: July 08, 2007, 12:12:29 PM »

I have had an X10 system in my home for about 4 yeras now. I have 2 transceivers, one is the Transceiver PS561 set to house code A, other is the Transceiver TM751 set to house code C. My 4 cameras are on house code A. I am using the audio/video receiver for my 4 cameras and I use the other transceiver (house code C) to turn off and on lights and applicances in my house.

Last night I found that no remotes in my house now work. I cannot switch between my camaeras or turn off lights or appliances. I have unplugged both transceivers to try to reset everything but nothing works. I also have the usb cable with the firecracker HR12A remote on my computer screen as well as the real remote in the house, in addition to the CR14A to control my pan and tilt cameras (2 of the 4). No remote signals work. I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Please help.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: remotes will not switch cameras on my 4 camera system
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 01:17:26 PM »

The CR14A will still do Pan and Tilt? That would indicate that it still is sending RF directly to the Ninja Base.
Is there anything changed in the home that maybe adding noise or signal absorption the the power line signals?
Try as a test the transceivers in a different outlet maybe closer to either a light or a camera power supply and see it the test unit can then be controlled.

pmcguire16

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: remotes will not switch cameras on my 4 camera system
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 02:10:39 PM »

Brian, thanks for the reply. I plugged the transceiver directly into the power strip that my cameras were plugged in to in the bedroom and it started to work again, but I am finding I have to stand approx 5-6 feet from the transceiver with the remotes to get it to work, which means I have to walk in to the bedroom now. I have no pan and tilt control at all, even after this test. It seems like the distance between my remotes and the transceivers has been dramatically reduced for some reason. Based on these findings, I walked into the kitchen where my other transceiver is (on house code C) and tried my remote about 4-5 feet from it and it stated to work again, turning lights and applicances on and off. But if I walk too far away it does not work. This is consitent. So does this point to a discrepancy in the house current? Should I now try pulling circuit brakers off one by one to see if any difference?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.