Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ninja use for different camera  (Read 21089 times)

vlad47

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
ninja use for different camera
« on: July 05, 2007, 09:02:14 AM »

can i used ninja pan tilt with different wireless cameras?, i have automated vacation home, for control i used home pro, but wireless cameras not x10, i use dvr card, for internet connection i use pcanyware, all working good, but i want use pan tilt, how i can control this

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: ninja use for different camera
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 01:54:26 PM »

can i used ninja pan tilt with different wireless cameras?

Yep. You may need to modify or otherwise alter the way the camera fastens to the ninja. Large heavy cameras may prove too much for the ninja. Other members have used other brand cameras on the ninja, and even wired cameras.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 02:58:11 PM »

i have automated vacation home, for control i used home pro, but wireless cameras not x10, i use dvr card, for internet connection i use pcanyware, all working good, but i want use pan tilt, how i can control this
Since you use a dvr card you might wish to try a thirdparty software PC Companion can controll pan N tilt cams. Since your connecting to your vacation home with PC Anywhere this might be what your looking for! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tybirdtybird

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »

can i used ninja pan tilt with different wireless cameras?

Yep. You may need to modify or otherwise alter the way the camera fastens to the ninja. Large heavy cameras may prove too much for the ninja. Other members have used other brand cameras on the ninja, and even wired cameras.

I use wired cameras on mine it works great. I tired to use heavy camera it was to much for so went with smaller camera.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 08:37:54 PM »

I use wired cameras on mine it works great. I tired to use heavy camera it was to much for so went with smaller camera.

I think it was KDR... back in 2006... that mentioned using a wired IR camera on a ninja. It turned out to work perfectly for me as well. The thing sticks out like a sore thumb for anyone looking-things-over. I think it would be a real deterrent for any would-be intruder.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.