Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Module status  (Read 11293 times)

wireless

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Module status
« on: July 07, 2007, 12:42:49 PM »

How can this be changed to get the module status of devices other than the A's ?
It sure would make things easier in the macros.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: Module status
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 01:12:48 PM »

Click on "Tools" then "Hardware Configuration". Monitored House Code is mid right under the blue boxes.

NOTE: AHP version 3.204 has bug that will reset this to the house code you have the most modules / macros regardless of what you set the HC to be.

Unchecking "Check Monitored House Code Usage" under "preferences / ActiveHome Pro" has no effect on this bug.

e.g. I use HC "M" for most of my macros but want monitor HC "C". Since I have more Macros in "M" than I have modules in "C", AHP resets to "M" every time I download. The only way I found around this was to create a room called "DUMMY FOR BUG" and create 15 "C16 modules" to make HC "C" have more things and keep my monitored HC at "C"

I've discussed this bug elsewhere on the forum but I think the above sums things up.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 01:34:15 PM by steven r »
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Boiler

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 06:26:08 PM »

Click on "Tools" then "Hardware Configuration". Monitored House Code is mid right under the blue boxes.

NOTE: AHP version 3.204 has bug that will reset this to the house code you have the most modules / macros regardless of what you set the HC to be.

Unchecking "Check Monitored House Code Usage" under "preferences / ActiveHome Pro" has no effect on this bug.

Thanks Steven.  I'd missed this little nuance.  I dug up your old thread just to make sure I understood correctly.  By sheer dumb luck, my house code B is what I monitor for my smart macro's and "Happens" to have the most modules (by one).  This could go a long way toward explaining why people report that their smart macros suddenly "broke".  They add 2 modules to house code C and house code A winds up not being monitored anymore.

Is this in a Sticky or bug list anywhere?

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 06:55:57 PM »

...This could go a long way toward explaining why people report that their smart macros suddenly "broke".  They add 2 modules to house code C and house code A winds up not being monitored anymore....
Interesting observation. That would be H*** to find if you weren't aware of the bug.

...Is this in a Sticky or bug list anywhere?
I don't know if it's in a sticky anywhere but I believe I made a point in listing in the forum on bugs. I'm still hopeful that should X10 ever choose to release another version of AHP, that they will address it.

Meantime if you're close in your count, I suggest you create a dozen or so dummy modules. They can be the same house code as real ones if you like. Just stick them in a room by themselves if you don't want them to visually get in the way. I think I'll go add another half dozen myself now.

:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Boiler

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 07:18:19 PM »

Interesting observation. That would be H*** to find if you weren't aware of the bug.
Sure would.  I'm trying to figure out if I have ever been bit without knowing it.  I do remember people posting that "moving modules around in AHP fixed (or broke) their system".  This could make sense if they were changing house codes.

Thanks for the tip on the dummy modules...I'm at 15 now.  One more to max the house code out. 

Just thought of something - what does AHP do if you have the same number of units on different house codes?  ...May have to check that out.

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 08:06:07 PM »

Thought I would show you what message comes up in version 3.206 which comes with OnAlert plug-in

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 08:39:02 PM »

...Just thought of something - what does AHP do if you have the same number of units on different house codes?  ...May have to check that out.
No idea about the same number. Never wanted to tempt fate. Let me know if you try it.

It doesn't care if you repeat a code. It just counts the number of them. I added 5 so I now have 20 labeled "C DUMMY" all as "C16". If there's a combo that your not using use that. Otherwise just duplicate a code you're already using.

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 08:44:10 PM »

Thought I would show you what message comes up in version 3.206 which comes with OnAlert plug-in

I believe the same message comes up on version 3.204 if you check the box "Check Monitored House Code Usage" under "preferences / ActiveHome Pro". I leave it unchecked but seem to remember it did. Also "Keep the current setting" didn't. i.e. I don't think they fixed the bug in version 3.206.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 08:50:44 PM by steven r »

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 08:56:57 PM »

...NOTE: AHP version 3.204 has bug that will reset this to the house code you have the most modules / macros regardless of what you set the HC to be.

As KDR's screen print shows, it's more of a NAG SCREEN than a BUG.

...The only way I found around this was to create a room called "DUMMY FOR BUG" and create 15 "C16 modules" to make HC "C" have more things and keep my monitored HC at "C"

...Meantime if you're close in your count, I suggest you create a dozen or so dummy modules. They can be the same house code as real ones if you like. Just stick them in a room by themselves if you don't want them to visually get in the way. I think I'll go add another half dozen myself now.

TTA's CM15A Monitored HouseCode Insurance Policy

Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 09:02:16 PM »

I just retested it in version 3.206 and it works fine for me. I have 14 modules in A and put 1 module in O, told it to use O as the monitored house code and it changes and saves the setting.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 09:06:50 PM »

...Also "Keep the current setting" didn't. i.e. I don't think they fixed the bug in version 3.206.

Before I added the 20 "Dummy Modules" in room Temp, "Keep the current setting" *ALWAYS* worked for me under v3.204...

The one time that I 'accidentally' CLICKed on "Change the Monitored House Code" inspired me to create my pictured "Insurance Policy". ;)

Boiler

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 09:18:31 PM »

Ok guys, I'm confused again (been happening a lot lately).

Are we saying that designating a house code other than the one with the most modules works? 

How are you determining which house code is being monitored - through a report or by testing?

Thanks for being patient with me...

TakeTheActive

• Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 10:19:25 PM »

Ok guys, I'm confused again (been happening a lot lately).

You need more COLD BEVERAGE! ;D

Are we saying that designating a house code other than the one with the most modules works? 

I am. 8)

How are you determining which house code is being monitored - through a report or by testing?

File -> Reports -> Status

Thanks for being patient with me...

We're *ALL* going to get old, eventually... ::)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 10:21:28 PM by TakeTheActive »

Boiler

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 10:40:37 PM »

You need more COLD BEVERAGE! ;D

Working on it now.

My status report shows the correct monitored code as well.  Problem is, I can't see where this is downloaded to the CM15a (ahpeeprom_w.txt file).  Everything else appears to be included in this file - including tansceived house codes.  I can't figure out how the CM15a knows which code to monitor.

We're *ALL* going to get old, eventually... Roll Eyes

Some of us a lot sooner than others...

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 02:29:16 AM »

I just retested it in version 3.206 and it works fine for me. I have 14 modules in A and put 1 module in O, told it to use O as the monitored house code and it changes and saves the setting.
Just to be sure, did you follow that by doing a download? With version 3.204 it doesn't change until you actually do a download. Till then it appears to be ok.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.