Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Entend Motion Sensor Ragnge  (Read 5874 times)

Wizenet

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Entend Motion Sensor Ragnge
« on: July 08, 2007, 06:12:51 PM »

I believe my motion sensor MS16A is loacated more then 100 feet away from CM15A (AHP). When I move the sensor close to AHP, it works fine. According to Specificaion, it's max transmission range is 100 feet. Due to my computer location, I can not move CM15A. Neither I can not move the sensor. Is there a way to extend transmission range? Thanks..

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: Entend Motion Sensor Ragnge
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 06:46:40 PM »

I believe my motion sensor MS16A is loacated more then 100 feet away from CM15A (AHP)...  ...Due to my computer location, I can not move CM15A. Neither I can not move the sensor. Is there a way to extend transmission range?

I see that you're a Newbie, so I'll begin by asking - Have you read TakeTheActive's FAQs and JeffVolp's Tutorials yet?

When I first read your question, I intially found my self formulating a step-by-step answer in my mind. But, then I stopped and thought - if he KNEW what I meant by "yada, yada, yada", he probably wouldn't have posted this question in the first place.

It's like you're asking how to cook a fancy meal without understanding the terms saute, parboil, dice, measure, etc...  You're not aware of the X10 "terminology" (and functionality) yet.

When you've finished the "reading assignment", if THAT didn't answer your original question, please come back and we'll continue to help. ;)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »

Wizenet welcome to the boards and X10. After you take a look at TTA's suggested reading which is an excellent source for information you can take a look at RoboDog vs EagleEye MS Detection Sensitivity Question  (Read 2224 times) it talks a bit about adding a passive antenna to a motion sensor.

----------------KDR

[TTA Edit: Formatted the LINK to BOLD & BLUE, to make it easier for Newbies to spot. ;) ]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 07:42:22 PM by TakeTheActive »
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 07:53:34 PM »

...take a look at RoboDog vs EagleEye MS Detection Sensitivity Question  (Read 2224 times) it talks a bit about adding a passive antenna to a motion sensor.

The Passive Antenna Idea (and PDF) came from the brain of Dave Houston - an X10 Pioneer who has posted numerous articles over the years on the NEWSGROUP: Comp.Home.Automation.

When Dave decided / had to take down his web site, JeffVolp graciously offered to host some of Dave's files on his X10 Troubleshooting site to keep them available to the X10 community (not the forum  - the worldwide X10 community ;) ).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:41:04 PM by JeffVolp »
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.