Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 17177 times)

Boiler

Re: New to the forum
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 06:09:23 PM »

Guys,

Sounds like there's a fair amount of CFL brand knowledge out there.  Should we include this in a sticky somewhere?  Might be useful information for CFL newbies like myself (actually you've already helped me).

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 07:40:10 PM »

An update on the GE Helical 13 watt and 26 watt CFL's. (60 watt and 100 watt equivalent) The 13 watt unit has a fully enclosed base while the 26 watt unit has ventilation holes in the top of the base. Both have specs that say do not use with dimmers, in fully enclosed (sealed) or recessed fixtures.

I just did testing on both of these using an appliance module. Both performed with out any problems. Local current sensing works great and when in the off mode there is no flickering. Neither one of these hampered the use of any other X10 device on the same circuit or other circuits.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 12:44:13 PM »

...Sounds like there's a fair amount of CFL brand knowledge out there.  Should we include this in a sticky somewhere?  Might be useful information for CFL newbies...

Why bother? Re: A Legislative Upheaval For X-10  (Read 2063 times) >:(

It's been my observation that the majority of the:

• Newbies don't bother to SEARCH before asking questions.

• Regular Members " live just for the moment " (i.e. they prefer to repeat / re-type the same answers over-and-over instead of creating and/or contributing to FAQs and/or STICKYs and then pointing folks to them. ??? ).

And, besides those two points, there aren't enough ->ACTIVE<- Community Organizers on the forum to MAINTAIN any new STICKYs (or even perform something as simple as MOVE incorrectly-located new posts to the appropriate forums. Just take a look around and you'll see. It's depressing...).  :( :-[ ::)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.