Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Lights coming on by themselves  (Read 14591 times)

Boiler

Re: Lights coming on by themselves
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2007, 08:44:57 PM »

hmseiden,

Per Steven's question, do you have a CM15a or CM11a installed (I never specifically asked).

Noam,
Thank's for the link -this could explain a number of phantom occurances.

A few years ago, I had a problem with a wall switch turning on by itself, with no commands showing up in the logs for it.
I found this online about it, and how to fix it: http://www.idobartana.com/hakb/modifying_wall_switch.htm#Fixing module that randomly turns on
In the end, I decided not to fix it, but I replaced it instead.
From what I've read, there is a history of these switches going bad. The Smarthome ones seem to have a better track record.

I haven't personally had a failure of a WS467 nor have a had a light turn on without some type of command.  From my experience, X10 commands can be "morphed" (by noise of absorption) into activating a different house/unit code, but I have always seen X10 traffic when unexplained things occurred.  In different words, I've never seen a WS467 turn on spontaneously with NO x10 traffic on the line.

That's not to say it can't happen.  The author of the reference article obviously found something - sounds like an un-terminated input to the controller.
The article refers to a 78566 controller.  The only controllers I've been able to locate are made by Elan coporation (EN78566 or ME78566).  These seem to be rather overqualified for the application (built in A/D and D/A converters) and the only pin out that makes any sense is for a 44 PIN LCC package (tying P9 to V- corrects the problems).

I haven't personally taken apart a WS467 (no reason, they're all working). 

Does anyone have a WS467 in the "old X10 Box of spares" that they could disassemble and post some photo's of for the benefit of the Forum (Baseball, Apple Pie, Red White and Blue - flag, not the hops beverage).

« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 02:12:29 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.