Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active Eye Sensor Triggers Macros not working  (Read 11345 times)

lynnymoore

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Active Eye Sensor Triggers Macros not working
« on: July 22, 2007, 05:05:50 PM »

I have a Smart Macros that lists Active Eye sensor/MS16A (B1) to trigger Porch Light/SocketRocket(B4) on, turn on a camera/XX16A(B1), record a snapshot, delay 3 minutes and turn (B4) off. The Active Eye sensor does not trigger the macro and if I manually trigger the macro, then the light sometimes turns on but no snapshot and then the light will not turn off. Basically, nothing works as designed and I am stumped. I have an arsenal of filters and repeaters, etc. I can run everything through the AHP, i.e. turn on the porch light, turn on the camera, take a picture and turn off the light, but the macro will not work nor will the sensor trigger anything.
Any ideas?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Active Eye Sensor Triggers Macros not working
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 06:53:32 PM »

Wireless cameras work in sets of 4. In your case the B4 [Socket Rocket]  on will turn off B1 [Camera]; B2 and B3.
Not good to have same address for triggers and devices.
Not using Macros myself, so I hope examples will be provided by users with macros.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Active Eye Sensor Triggers Macros not working
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 04:13:49 PM »

As Brian stated:
Wireless cameras work in sets of 4. In your case the B4 [Socket Rocket]  on will turn off B1 [Camera]; B2 and B3.
Not good to have same address for triggers and devices.
Not using Macros myself, so I hope examples will be provided by users with macros.
You have more than one situation which will cause problems!
See TTA's post HOUSECODES: By Room or By Module Type or By Function or...? For suggestions as to which codes to use for each
  • Keep your cameras to their own House code (no other x10 device on that code Except a pan&tilt)
  • Put your sensors on there own codes remembering the plus one address.
  • Sensors send a off command after 2 min (by defalt) of no movement detected, so having a device on the same unit number as the sensor will turn off once the sensor sends that command(ok if you want that!)
  • Don't use a macro address that is the same as a device your trying to control
  • [/color] [/b]
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.