Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: vcr commander II not recording  (Read 11437 times)

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: vcr commander II not recording
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 05:06:59 PM »

Well, housecode wouldn't really matter since you are programming, should work no matter what, right?

Yes it does matter, and no it won't work if it is different.

And for which button, I'm using one of the top 4 'on' buttons, so any should work while programming, right?.

Like the house code, the button on the remote MUST match the unit code of the sensor you plan on using to start the recording.
Any other combination of house code and unit code during programming will not start the recording when the intended motion sensor gets triggered.

porsche4786

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 06:07:02 PM »

Well, housecode wouldn't really matter since you are programming, should work no matter what, right?

Yes it does matter, and no it won't work if it is different.

And for which button, I'm using one of the top 4 'on' buttons, so any should work while programming, right?.

Like the house code, the button on the remote MUST match the unit code of the sensor you plan on using to start the recording.
Any other combination of house code and unit code during programming will not start the recording when the intended motion sensor gets triggered.

Right, but what I'm saying is that it would still program...just not the codes you want. It would still program the wrong code or code you really didn't want.
-Kevin

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 06:28:38 PM »

Right, but what I'm saying is that it would still program...just not the codes you want. It would still program the wrong code or code you really didn't want.

Yes, that's right. But like Tom said, an RF signal from a motion detector is the same as that from the palm pad, so I'm still having a difficult time believing the vcr commander is bad if it programs OK with the motion sensor.

Let us know how the new one works.

porsche4786

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 07:37:05 PM »

Yes, that's right. But like Tom said, an RF signal from a motion detector is the same as that from the palm pad, so I'm still having a difficult time believing the vcr commander is bad if it programs OK with the motion sensor.

I'm just not sure what else it could be. The palmpad it working to switch cameras on the tv so I know it's good.
-Kevin

porsche4786

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 12:56:02 PM »

Okay, got the new VCR commander yesterday and played around with it for a minute. It beeps the right amount of times now. Even works with the palm pad! But it still will not turn my VCR on, so I moved the IR thingy around on the vcr and still nothing.
-Kevin
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.