Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: MS10A & RFI Shielding  (Read 12934 times)

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: MS10A & RFI Shielding
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 12:47:02 AM »

No I have never had that experience.  However, I have had it with the window/door sensors, so that I have to push the test button a few times to get OnAlert to indicate proper door position.  Never seem to have any motion reset problems with the motion sensors.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2007, 06:59:40 AM »

Quote from:
Don't know if I buy in to RF being the biggest source of false triggers from motion detectors. I think it would have to be a very strong signal at close range to the detector.

fwiw: I have several styles of X10 motion sensors. I am also an amateur radio operator and have yet to have one of the motion sensors trip even when transmitting 100 watts.

My guess is that they are not sensative to RF
_ _ ...  ..._ _

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2007, 07:10:20 PM »

No I have never had that experience.  However, I have had it with the window/door sensors, so that I have to push the test button a few times to get OnAlert to indicate proper door position.  Never seem to have any motion reset problems with the motion sensors.

Hummm... now that's really strange cuz I have just the opposite problem I never!!! have any problems with the window/door sensors just occasionally with the motion sensors. And you say with the pro versions of the MS10a's you never have to take more the 3 steps to activate or trip the alarm, never??? Thanks

Tom j
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.