Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where to buy in/around NYC?  (Read 2386 times)

jjs810

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Where to buy in/around NYC?
« on: July 28, 2007, 04:34:33 PM »

Well, I'll be near Smarthome HQ sometime in the next couple of weeks, but I would love to complete this installation before my trip.

I really only need one or two WS467 switches, yet I am having trouble finding any place in NYC that even knows what X-10 is.

(Proving that I'm a total newbie, my first stop was Lowe's. Said the guy: "a three-way switch that doesn't involve rewiring? Not to make jokes, but are you talking magic? Maybe in the latest Harry Potter book, but not here.")

Bonus points if you can point me in the direction of a place open on Sundays... I'll also accept private sales.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Where to buy in/around NYC?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 08:03:24 PM »

Lowes used to carry X10... not so long ago... as did radio shack. Now if you would actually like to buy in a store... it may not be so easy. However... New York City... I would think you could find "Home Automation" in the yellow pages.

For me.... I buy all my X10 online (now). Not so bad, it arrives here in about three days.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

gil shultz

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Where to buy in/around NYC?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 04:45:59 PM »

Good Evening,

Why not just buy it from here, they are very good and there are no hassles about the warranty.  If you are not in a hurry wait for the specials.

Have Fun
Gil Shultz

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.