Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: *ONE* THREAD for Unsigned VA11A Driver and Windows Vista!  (Read 429766 times)

PajamaGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 32
Getting a "Code 10" cannot load driver.
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2007, 03:42:42 PM »

Am unable to get the edited driver to load....

Any ideas?
PajamaGuy
Win-7 - Dell XPS -Automation
VA12a on a dedicated desktop - Video
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

Remote via LogMeIn (FREE) and Ignition

spinier

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: *ONE* THREAD for Unsigned VA11A Driver and Windows Vista!
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2008, 08:29:37 PM »

I am an XP 64 user trying to get the VA11A drivers to work.  Tried the vista trick of editing CA506AV.inf but—of course—to no avail.  I've done a fair amount of searching for a work around.  Anyone have any tips? Thanks.  -S.

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2008, 02:13:10 PM »

It worked for me!!!!  I am running Vista Home (32) with AHP.  I read every thread on my search and found this thread and read all the post.  I ignore the 64 bit steps and followed the steps posted.  I disabled the audio driver that was erroring.  Also, when I fired up AHP I got the "can't find the USB VA11a ..." message and just clicked ok.  I went into Iwitness and my camera was giving a picture.
   So, if you think it doesn't work, then re read and don't do anything until you read them all on this thread.  Thanks to those that provided the nice instructions/steps.

paulie

« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2008, 06:31:08 AM »

Ok, it is now February of 2008, and STILL there is no Vista drivers for the VA11A USB Video Adapter from X10 !!!  Is that correct?  I have not tried the work around yet that the users have come up with, but I will.

Does anyone have any update??

Thanks all.....

PajamaGuy

« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2008, 07:26:53 AM »

Trol - do you have any external USB Hard drives connected?  (and/or what external USB devices do you have?)
PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

trol1374

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2008, 10:12:44 AM »

Umm, don't know why it matters, but yes- I have a network external hard drive hooked up via the usb port.

halfelite

« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2008, 07:48:33 PM »

After getting everything but the drivers to load with all the methods im throwing in the towel for now. Does it for sure work on xp I will turn an old machine into xp if it for sure works.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2008, 08:00:35 PM »

Does it for sure work on xp I will turn an old machine into xp if it for sure works.
yes! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jstoufer

Re: Windows Vista & Unsigned X10 Drivers [D]
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2008, 03:56:28 AM »

When I make the changes and try to save them in the CA506AV.inf I get a message that Cannot create the file, make sure path and file are correct.........................any suggestions?
I had the same problem.  I saved it to a different folder, moved the original file and  then moved the new file to replace the original.  Clumsy but effective!
John

rsstjohn

« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2008, 10:21:20 AM »

I have tried every possible variation of this method and still ALWAYS get the error "The Device Cannot Start (Code 10)" in device manager.
Any further suggestions/insights?

PajamaGuy

« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2008, 08:46:45 AM »

Although some folks have it working, for most of us the VA11A does not work with Vista.  You have choices - run a virtual instance of XP, or spend  a couple of bucks on an old XP-capable machine.

However, if you're going to run everything (AHP, 4-modules, the CM15A and the VA11A) make sure you get enough horsepower.  As with "Everything X10" logic does NOT rule - Murphy does.

For instance:  I bought an obsolete Dell Latitude laptop for $100, and installed only XP (SP2), and AHP.  It had only one USB port.  I tried a powered USB HUB.  I tried a powered dual-port USB PCMCIA card.  On idle, the VA11A ate up 80% of the USB bandwidth (internal system report, not just an estimate).  Some signals from the CM15A were not getting to AHP.  Whether or not it SHOULD WORK, with the VA11A plugged in, AHP was not getting all of the CM15A signals.  Unplug the VA11A and no problem (except for that damn popup telling you the VA11A isn't plugged in).

If you really want to run a full-blown X10 system with cameras, sensors, macros, et al, use an XP desktop with multi-channel USB (2.0). 

Or wait for x10 to come out with Vista-compatible drivers - (but don't hold yer breath!)

Personally, I run my cameras via Vanguard on the laptop, and everything else via AHP and my Vista desktop.  While I don't have the iWitness functionality, everything seems to work..... ::)

PajamaGuy
XTB-IIR & V572RF32

lummox

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2008, 02:07:14 PM »

This is a great thread, had to work at it a little bit but now have the video driver working on Vista.....great resource here guys...thanks.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #162 on: May 26, 2008, 04:40:44 PM »

Could you possibly be able to make a text file of the VA11a driver mod you made and paste it here along with what editor you used?  It would be a great resource for the frustrated Vista users. -:)
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #163 on: May 26, 2008, 04:50:26 PM »

Good Idea Dan Lawrence   :)% Simply renaming the file with a "txt" extention will work then it can be posted here!  ;)
Frustrated Vista users can just save the text file and rename the extention back to"inf" place it in the proper folder and cross their fingers that it works! :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lummox

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #164 on: May 26, 2008, 05:22:49 PM »

Here you go....rename using note pad and copy to C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\DriverInstall\VA11A Video Capture".  Uninstall the VA11A in the Device manager and then plug it back in and let it rediscover.  It will come up in Video devices as not active, go to it and reinstall driver and point the process to go the folder you just put it in.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.