Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: *ONE* THREAD for Unsigned VA11A Driver and Windows Vista!  (Read 429763 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: *ONE* THREAD for Unsigned VA11A Driver and Windows Vista!
« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2008, 05:26:43 PM »

lummox  #:)
Hopefuly that will help some Vista users that are having the driver issue! 
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Darkjin

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2008, 09:52:08 AM »

Sad very sad that the x10 people cant or wont solve the Vista issuse and you guys here have been doing more to fix it than x10.
when i first got my x10 toys they sounded great,i repeat sounded.

ive had multiview,firecracker,motion light cams,va11a,cm19a,vr36a and tried them on win98,2000,now vista every case has been a pain to install and run if it would run at all.

i may just do with x10 as ive done with my xbox, i sent it to the trashman and bought a PS3.

when the customers have to rewrite the drivers to make things work its junk in my book.

a turd for cheap is still a turd !!! hahaha

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2008, 09:59:56 AM »

As Bill Clinton made famous, I feel your pain!

The root cause of the "Unsigned VA11A Driver and Windows Vista!" problem is squarely in the X10USA corner, and it's well known here that X10 has lost a lot of programmers in the last two years.  It took X10 almost two years to produce an upgrade of AHP.

It would be nice if the person who hacked the XP driver for the VA11A would post the file on the web somewhere (NOT here or on the X10 site) that Vista users could download it and fix their problem.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Jimmer

« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2008, 10:16:38 AM »

The root cause of the "Unsigned VA11A Driver and Windows Vista!" problem is squarely in the X10USA corner, and it's well known here that X10 has lost a lot of programmers in the last two years.  It took X10 almost two years to produce an upgrade of AHP.

It would be nice if the person who hacked the XP driver for the VA11A would post the file on the web somewhere (NOT here or on the X10 site) that Vista users could download it and fix their problem.
Maybe they need to change to open source and concentrate on earning income with their hardware.

Darkjin

« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2008, 01:21:22 PM »

Maybe they need to change to open source and concentrate on earning income with their hardware.

funny thing a relative just called saying his garage was messed with and wanted to know about the camera system i have.

he wont be buying an x10 anything now, so much for making money on the hardware side.

software has been an issue for some time,i just took back a copy of age of empires by microsoft that woudnt run on vista even tho it said it would.

Walmart gave me a full refund soon as i mentioned vista. maybe enough people send back vista noncompat junk things will change.

Jimmer

« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2008, 03:48:21 PM »

Actually, I run vista on my home computer and haven't had any problems.  But I havn't used x10 software.  Being all new computers are coming with Vista, it might be a good idea for them to update it fairly soon.

paulie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2008, 02:15:39 AM »

Darkjin,
I don't want this site (or thread) to become a Vista campatibility site, just want you to know, I've ran Age of Empires on my vista machine with no problems.  Make sure you have the latest video drivers installed.

I haven't been to this website in a while, but I am trying to install a home security system.  I have lots of X10 stuff, but it's worthless untill th VA11A talks to Vista.  I was hopeing by now that it would have been fixed. (Tried the workaround, doesn't work).  Sigh, all my cameras are basically "junk" until it does. Won't buy anything more from X10 until they fix the Vista issue with the VA11A or offer an alternate that does.  >*<

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2008, 09:05:40 AM »

...Tried the workaround, doesn't work.  Sigh, all my cameras are basically "junk" until it does....
...Won't buy anything more from X10 until they fix the Vista issue with the VA11A or offer an alternate that does.  >*<
Unfortunately till they do, that's about all you can do. Be sure and send them a letter expressing your needs and feelings. Eventually, I would of believed by now, X10 will have to address the issue when enough people have switched to Vista.

I "solved" my problem by picking up a used XP computer to use as dedicated home automation computer.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

originalevil

• We could do some watercolors together. You and I.
« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2008, 07:22:39 PM »

Hi! This is my first post on the forum.

I'm not replying because of a problem with the unsigned driver. I am, in fact, just setting up my system as we speak (on a different PC).

I'm replying because it is nuts how many other folks out there are running Vista 64. I run it for access to more memory, since I need to run a lot of virtual computers for software testing.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what are some of the reasons you guys are running it?

bravoland

« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2008, 12:51:30 AM »

Just wanted to add that following the instructions listed here i was able to get va11a working with AHP

thanks to all

BrownbeardBiker

« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2008, 12:05:30 PM »

Good Afternoon,

After 8 e-mails to tech support (all ignored) and numerous calls to Customer support (which they say management will return, but never have), the only advice X10 offers for the VA11A to Vista problem is to purchase their new and improved product, the VA12A. I just bought the complete system they offered on the web back in late June 2008. Note the word, "complete" as that is how they marketed it to me. I now have $300 worth of stuff that I can't use and they have no desire to help except to sell me more for another $50. Has anyone gotten a better driver for the VA11A that works with Vista or knows of a way to get it to work using the old drivers?

I really would like some help as X10 doesn't seem to care and I have to fight off the wife who says I spent the $300 stupidly believing customer support is alive and well in the US of A.

Any help can be addressed to me at:

brownbeard@hotmail.com

subject line: VA11A drivers

Thanks.

Scott

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2008, 04:13:38 PM »

....................It would be nice if the person who hacked the XP driver for the VA11A would post the file on the web somewhere (NOT here or on the X10 site) that Vista users could download it and fix their problem.

Welcome to the forum BrownbeardBiker

Wow... if you would have just read some of the other posts on the same page that you posted on... you would have found this. And you might be up and running now. Hang in there.... we're all in this together.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 11:06:14 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

sepways

« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2008, 11:21:20 AM »

Add me to the unhappy campers...just bought a new PC with Vista...and guess what doesn't work???

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #178 on: October 26, 2008, 05:11:27 PM »

Add me to the unhappy campers...just bought a new PC with Vista...and guess what doesn't work???

Welcome to the forum sepways

It can be hard not to get frustrated. I've been a user with problems... that I didn't know how to resolve. (Actually... I am having a bit of a range issue now.. that I am still trying to find a solution for.) But now-a-days... I don't feel all alone out here when I have a problem...  and I know I will find a solution.

sepways I think... a solution to your problem.... was just a few posts away.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 11:05:29 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

billfern

« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2008, 05:04:23 PM »

Totally different Way to connect Camera to computer without X10 software

Editted by Puck: No need to repeat the same post 6 times; please do so once and post a link to the original.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 08:53:47 PM by Puck »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.