Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro Library  (Read 6417 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Macro Library
« on: August 14, 2007, 02:49:48 AM »

Hi say where is the Macro library that they talk about in the help files? I don't see it they give an example of artificial dawn were a light gradually brightens but I can't find it. Thanks!

Tom j

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Re: Macro Library
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 05:36:30 AM »

tom j the Macro Library as far as I know was going to be a library of pre-made macros available for user down load that so far hasn't happened. My best guess is we won't be seeing it anytime soon.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

tom j

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 03:55:41 PM »

tom j the Macro Library as far as I know was going to be a library of pre-made macros available for user down load that so far hasn't happened. My best guess is we won't be seeing it anytime soon.

----------------KDR

Thanks tell me why I'm not surprised! Gotta give you another point for that one, I was pulling my hair out looking for it. Why does x10 do this kind of stuff to us  :-\

Tom j

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 05:10:52 PM »

Why does x10 do this kind of stuff to us  :-\

Because they can?

* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 06:14:57 PM »

----------------KDR

Thanks tell me why I'm not surprised! Gotta give you another point for that one, I was pulling my hair out looking for it. Why does x10 do this kind of stuff to us  :-\

Tom j

All X10 USA wants to do is SELL, not produce upgrades.  Last time AHP was updated was a Year ago!!!!
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 06:47:26 PM »

There was a very short period of time (maybe a week, I think) that you could purchase macros for the Macro Library feature. For all I know, they may still be purchasable if you can call X10 and get a sales rep to find it in their system. The idea was a good one, but got dumped after a bad marketing effort tarnished the the whole thing.

We came up with a cool set of macros for gradually turning on lights that included a snooze function. I wish someone had them to publish here so you guys could see how we accomplished it. There were three macros that worked together (one called the other, which used the third one, I believe) and I think the general concept would be helpful for people trying to do more complicated things with macros.

The macro library also had special UI so that you could configure them in a Wizard format with your modules, rather than just dumping some macros in one of your rooms randomly. I don't remember what the format was for scripting the UI of the macros and packaging the library. It was a pretty cool tool. I wish we had published it for you guys and other customers to use. It would be a great way to share macros with less experienced or sophisticated users.

tom j

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 07:46:18 PM »

I just think someone from x10 should come online and address this issue and tell us when they plan to deliver on the goods!!!  >:(

Tom j

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 08:23:20 PM »

The 13th of Never.  :(

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 08:58:17 PM »

...We came up with a cool set of macros for gradually turning on lights that included a snooze function....
...There were three macros that worked together (one called the other, which used the third one, I believe)...
Except for the hardware issue of most every X10 light control module coming on at full brightness, I have an idea how I'd do it.
Do you recall if they used dummy module to allow one macro to call another?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 02:21:20 PM »

Yes, it did use a dummy macro. I've seen macros described here that are close to what was in the library, but I remember being fairly pleased with the one we created since it used some twists that I don't think other people had tried. You guys may have gotten past that now.

Tom J, I don't think anyone from X10 has much of a presence here anymore. In any case, I wouldn't expect them to ever deliver more Macro Library items. Because the (admittedly poor) marketing effort didn't work, the feature was considered a failure and X10 doesn't spend time on things they don't think they're going to make money off of.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 02:51:02 PM »

Mike Mmallari posts from time to time (very sparsely), that appears to the only one from X10 that posts here.

When you were X10 Pro and worked for X10USA, you had a very visible presence here, and I'm glad you still post here.

The net effect is that X10USA is interested only in selling, not in anything else, at least that's my POV.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 03:38:57 PM »

X10 needs to recognise that we are an asset, that can help them earn money.  Not only in spreading "good will", but also in helping to enhance features and quality of their products.

Michael C knew the value of good beta testers, and made use of them.   ;)
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

tom j

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 06:19:03 PM »

X10 needs to recognise that we are an asset, that can help them earn money.  Not only in spreading "good will", but also in helping to enhance features and quality of their products.

Michael C knew the value of good beta testers, and made use of them.   ;)

Amen Brother I totally agree!!!!!

Tom j

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.