Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: When will X10 come up with code protected keypad for DS7000 ?  (Read 52132 times)

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: When will X10 come up with code protected keypad for DS7000 ?
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2007, 03:06:39 PM »

...Ditto to that!!!! I much rather have a system professionally monitored then rely on a friend or neighbor. Even with the setup fees this is still a great deal ...
Other than the setup fee, the only other cost I've found is for an optional lawn sign ($12, you provide the stake). I'm going to just leave up my old signs.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2007, 02:35:22 AM »

...Ditto to that!!!! I much rather have a system professionally monitored then rely on a friend or neighbor. Even with the setup fees this is still a great deal ...
Other than the setup fee, the only other cost I've found is for an optional lawn sign ($12, you provide the stake). I'm going to just leave up my old signs.

Yard signs are great!  Well, they are for the installing or monitoring company at least.   ;)   ;D  Free advertizing!  Better than free if you have to pay for the sign!

While it is possible they will deter some, you better make sure they don't advertize "I have a system that is easy to defeat!" and that your monitoring company has good procedures in place to make it hard for someone that doesn't know the right passcode, etc. to simply call in and say "I goofed, please don't dispatch!".   ;)
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

RCaddict

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • My Hobby Site
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 11:29:36 AM »

Ditto to that!!!! I much rather have a system professionally monitored then rely on a friend or neighbor. Even with the setup fees this is still a great deal and what I've found is that the police are MUCH more responsive to a professional monitoring company placing the call then from a neighbor or family member. I placed a call for a neighbor when her alarm went off and she was out of town and the police didn't respond for hours another neighbor alarm when off the monitoring company called the the police got there in minutes!!
Tom j

Thanks.  That's useful info.  I can't remember ever calling police in that situation so I did not know their response time. Does monitoring companies indicate any response time guarantees in their contracts?

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2007, 05:50:33 PM »

...Does monitoring companies indicate any response time guarantees in their contracts?
No because they have no control over local response times for police and fire.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.