Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [How-Do-I] Recover the Data From a CM15A?  (Read 5945 times)

slarti

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
[How-Do-I] Recover the Data From a CM15A?
« on: August 15, 2007, 06:51:40 PM »

does anyone know if it is possible to have the cm15a module feed your programed info back into a new install of the active home software, I had a crash and lost my hard drive and I really don't want to reprogram the whole works if I can help it

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: [How-Do-I] Recover the Data From a CM15A?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 07:26:10 PM »

NOPE.

Unless you backed up your .ahx files (the files AHP creates that have all the modules, timers and macros.) to portable media (CD's or ZIP drives) you are out of luck. The CM15A will keep running anything uploaded to it until you reinstall AHP.

This is a hard lesson to learn:  ALWAYS back your .ahx files to external media every time you make a change.  Hard drives fail.  It's a fact of life.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

waterstom

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 03:33:20 PM »

One thing I've done is PRINT my config file as well.  Mine isn't that large a setup, so it has helped immensely.  Also good for trouble-shooting for us right-brainers (or is it left?) who need visual cues to function.  I keep that print-out with my CD-R of all my x10 software and another sheet of paper with all my reg. codes.

Maybe X10 needs to invent a wall-mounted X10-Controlled SAFE (for 49.99 including shipping and 2 free socket rockets) where you can keep all your X10 Records....

Just a thought.

Tom

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 04:44:58 PM »

...Maybe X10 needs to invent a wall-mounted X10-Controlled SAFE (for 49.99 including shipping and 2 free socket rockets) where you can keep all your X10 Records....
If they could find a way to make money on it, they would.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.