Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is Vanguard what we should be using  (Read 9624 times)

warderbrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Is Vanguard what we should be using
« on: November 23, 2007, 12:22:46 PM »

I work for a company that is having inventory loss and want to figure out the cause.  We purchased 4 XCam2 Cameras and a reciever, We have found out that the products did not disclaim that the quad processor was required to view all four live but that is another issue.  I have noticed that there are a number of ways to view the cameras, Vanguard, WebView/MultiView, XRay, and I have no idea if the Vanguard software is what we should be using.  It apprears that Vanguard is not working properly if it is what we should be using.

My issue is that Vanguard has been set up with all four cameras as C1-C4, both from the PC that the cameras are connected to as well as on the WebViewer the only way to change the camera being displayed is to use the remote while in proximity to the reciever.  If we click any one of the four buttons at the bottom of the viewer (both on the PC and Web) it moves to the appropriate box and the image in that box is the camera last chosen by the remote.  I will give an example because it is confusing for me to read what I just said.

Say I have Camera 1 looking at an Apple
Cam 2 at a Orange
Cam 3 at a Watermellon
and Cam 4 at a Pineapple

On Vanguard when it loads all of the screens show the loading image and stay that way until you select one of the boxes (this is in 2x2 mode).  When you click on a camera it shows an apple (Cam 1).  Now if I click on any of the other camrea views the previous view window freezes and the currently selected window shows the apple.  If I were to pick up the remote and press Cam2 the current window would change to show Cam2 or an orange.  And again if I move to another window it again freezes the last window and shows a orange in the new one.

I am not sure what we have set up incorrectly.  The real frustrating part is that there is no way for a person on the internet (namely my bosses when they are at home) to choose which camera they want to view.  Please help with this, it is making me look like I can't do my job and that is not a good thing.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Is Vanguard what we should be using
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 09:23:29 AM »

In order to change the cams from the PC you need a USB Firecracker PC interface (CM19A) ;)
The CM15A (ActiveHome Pro interface) also seems to work in my tests!
I havn't tested with a CM17A (Fircracker serial interface)! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Is Vanguard what we should be using
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »

I work for a company that is having inventory loss and want to figure out the cause.  We purchased 4 XCam2 Cameras and a reciever, We have found out that the products did not disclaim that the quad processor was required to view all four live but that is another issue.  I have noticed that there are a number of ways to view the cameras, Vanguard, WebView/MultiView, XRay, and I have no idea if the Vanguard software is what we should be using.  It apprears that Vanguard is not working properly if it is what we should be using.

My issue is that Vanguard has been set up with all four cameras as C1-C4, both from the PC that the cameras are connected to as well as on the WebViewer the only way to change the camera being displayed is to use the remote while in proximity to the reciever.  If we click any one of the four buttons at the bottom of the viewer (both on the PC and Web) it moves to the appropriate box and the image in that box is the camera last chosen by the remote.  I will give an example because it is confusing for me to read what I just said.

Say I have Camera 1 looking at an Apple
Cam 2 at a Orange
Cam 3 at a Watermellon
and Cam 4 at a Pineapple

On Vanguard when it loads all of the screens show the loading image and stay that way until you select one of the boxes (this is in 2x2 mode).  When you click on a camera it shows an apple (Cam 1).  Now if I click on any of the other camrea views the previous view window freezes and the currently selected window shows the apple.  If I were to pick up the remote and press Cam2 the current window would change to show Cam2 or an orange.  And again if I move to another window it again freezes the last window and shows a orange in the new one.

I am not sure what we have set up incorrectly.  The real frustrating part is that there is no way for a person on the internet (namely my bosses when they are at home) to choose which camera they want to view.  Please help with this, it is making me look like I can't do my job and that is not a good thing.

Hi good explanation but did you ever get it resolved?? Thanks

Tom j

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.