Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macros that must be ran from the PC  (Read 4584 times)

specter333

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macros that must be ran from the PC
« on: August 21, 2007, 04:12:40 AM »

I understand a macro that executes a windows command must be ran from the PC but does this mean that AHP must also be open for it to run?

For my testing I'm using an executable file that simply plays a song when M8 off is sent.  When AHP is open it works fine but doesn't work when closed.  I presume it's because there has to be some software running to receive the command and run the macro. 

I can trigger the macro from another macro stored in the CM15 while AHP is running.  Is there a way to trigger another macro or a program without AHP running, something in SDK maybe? 

The process x10nets.exe is always running, does that have something to do with running macros from the PC?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 02:59:05 PM by specter333 »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Macros that must be ran from the PC
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 07:21:51 PM »

I understand a macro that executes a windows command must be ran from the PC but does this mean that AHP must also be open for it to run?
Yes
For my testing I'm using an executable file that simply plays a song when M8 off is sent.  When AHP is open it works fine but doesn't work when closed.  I presume it's because there has to be some software running to receive the command and run the macro. 
True ;)
Is there a way to trigger another macro or a program without AHP running, something in SDK maybe? 
You need a program running built with the SDK which can create macros in its program! X10Dispatcher can do this as can BVC as well! ;) :D

The process x10nets.exe is always running, does that have something to do with running macros from the PC?
No!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.