Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: AHP & MyHouse update to v3.203 Available [1B of 3]  (Read 5437 times)

WinS

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
AHP & MyHouse update to v3.203 Available [1B of 3]
« on: March 24, 2006, 02:35:54 PM »

Update went smoothly, but the myhouse client connects, authenicates, then waits forever.  Is there a server problem?

OP:

This is a full update release (including the MyHouse Web client) that includes all of the changes from v3.202, some fixes to things pointed out by users here, and a the change to make MyHouse not use port 8001. This change will make it easier to use with firewalls, etc. The list of changes is:

• Changed "Troubleshooting" link in Help menu to point to new forum.
  • Fixed problem with events running from interface not being recorded in Activity Monitor.
  • Fixed problem with Advanced Command address sequences not running correctly.
  • Fixed readability of text in some macro command displays.
  • Fixed Smart Macros Preferences: advanced, etc. and other options not being saved after program exit.
  • Improved RF transmission performance, especially for camera controls.
  • iWitness: Fixed problem with saved video being cut off or too short.
  • MyHouse: Added code to detect server load and performance and select appropriate server.
  • MyHouse: Changed parts of frame tranmission to improve performance and reliability.
  • MyHouse: Improved reliability of video transmission.
  • MyHouse: No longer uses port 8001 for communication.
  • MyHouse: Fixed overlap of Upload/Download bars and time display in status bar.
  • MyHouse: Added preference for send e-mail method in MyHouse.

You can get the update directly from:

http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/ahp_updt.exe

You can roll back to the previous release version with:

http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/ahp_updt_201.exe

Please note that if you use MyHouse you will have to update both the client and your main AHP system in order for communication to continue to work. If you aren't able to update your AHP system yet, use the following program to change the MyHouse configuration on your MyHouse Web Client system.

http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/myhouse_config.exe[/size]

Re: AHP & MyHouse update to v3.203 Available [2 of 3]

Re: AHP & MyHouse update to v3.203 Available [3 of 3]

[TTA Edit #2: Experiment to determine whether or not DELETING the OP (*AFTER* copying it into Reply #1) in 'Highly-Viewed' / 'Highly-Replied' but currently INACTIVE threads from LONG, LONG AGO (I'm starting with ~2 years) will allow current ACTIVE threads to appear in the Top 10 Topics (by Views) section of the Statistics Center (aka More Stats) Page.]

[TTA Edit: Experiment to determine whether or not SPLITTING 'Highly-Viewed' / 'Highly-Replied' but currently INACTIVE threads from LONG, LONG AGO (I'm starting with ~2 years) into parts will allow current ACTIVE threads to appear in the Top 10 Topics (by Replies) section of the Statistics Center (aka More Stats) Page.

NOTE: I *WILL* address the <BR> problem...]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 02:17:38 AM by TakeTheActive »

X10 Pro

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: AHP & MyHouse update to v3.203 Available
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 02:51:58 PM »

There shouldn't be a server problem. Did you update both the Client and your AHP system? On the client, if you disconnect and reconnect a couple times does the connection work? Does the Client say that it's waiting for the AHP system?

WinS

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 03:12:11 PM »

I updated both Main and client.  Client confirmed port setting change.  Reconnecting a few times does not help.  Client connects, authenticates, and says "Waiting for System 'xxxxx...'.  I also notice the client version still says 3.199, and each time I go to the MyHouse site it asks if I want to install the program again. 

X10 Pro

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 03:21:46 PM »

That's the problem -- the old client is still running. What version of Windows are you using where the client is running? Can you install software on it? If so, try running this updater for the client:

http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/myhouse_updt_203.exe

WinS

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 03:35:59 PM »

The client update did the trick.  Wonder why it didn't take the first time???  All is well now..Thanks X10.

len

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 03:44:27 PM »

Just installed 3.203 (from 3.201). iWitness still has the same problems as reported many times by me and others.Win98SE.
I have never been able to record anything correctly, stills, video or snaps.  Preferences go back to defaults when you reopen the program.  Program crashes when I try to edit the camera pan stops etc. etc.  

X10 Pro

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 05:00:34 PM »

len: Next time you have a crash, can you record (write down, screenshot, etc) as much information about it as possible. The part that will help us identify these kinds of problems would be the crash location, the module that crashed, and the version of the module.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 05:36:57 PM »

Just updated to the new version and had the same problem as WinS. downloaded the client from the link and now all seems to be working fine.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

X10 Pro

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 05:56:28 PM »

The problem with the client should be fixed now. The new client ActiveX didn't propagate correctly to all the servers at first, so we had to force the change around each of them.

JimC

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 06:03:18 PM »

X10,
I am getting the following error message while using the client.
"An error has occurred while communicating with your activeHome USB interface.To make sure that your timers and macros continue to run, click OK to download your settings to the interface.."

If I click on cancel I am able to continue to work with the client. I am able to turn lights on and off but the same error message continues to pop up. If I click on OK from the client it does not cause the download to the interface to happen. If I click OK from the AHP computer the download takes place. Even after the download to the interface I continue to get the error message while working with the client.

I was not having this problem with the previous version.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

X10 Pro

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 06:10:54 PM »

JimC: Can you unplug the CM15A from your AHP machine and plug it in again, and see if that helps? If not, can you reboot and see what happens? If none of that works, can you send me your .AHX file?

tss256

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 06:32:21 PM »

Install 3.203 update, everything seems to be working.  Except I can't change cameras view wtih AHP.   But, I am able to change cameras view in AHP 3.201.

Tony

X10 Pro

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 06:36:34 PM »

Can you explain what you mean when you say you can't change camera views? I've tried switching cameras, and switching between multi-camera view and single camera view, and it seems OK to me.

JimC

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 06:58:16 PM »

X10,

Removing and reinserting the USB cable seems to have taken care of the problem. I should have thought to do that on my own. :-\

Thanks,

Jim
_ _ ...  ..._ _

bogie

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 07:08:53 PM »

Just updated from v3.202 to v3.203 and updated 2 client laptops, so far so good. Win XP Pro, SP2 on all machines. I will play some more later. but so far the update has been working. I can't wait to try My House from work, behind a firewall now that port 8001 is no longer needed.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.