Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Use of Quotation Marks in Module Comment Cause It to Disappear Upon Restart  (Read 7256 times)

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23

In the lower left of each module can be left a comment.  I have found that if I use quotation marks in the comment (even if the file is saved and changes have been down loaded) after a shut down of the program and subsequent restart, the comment has disappeared.  I realize that this is a MINOR problem, but I just thought I'd see if others ever encountered this.  My New Years' wish is this will be the forum's worst gripe.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

My New Years' wish is this will be the forum's worst gripe.
LOL  We can all dream! ;) :D ;D
Yes I get it to do the same! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
Re: Use of Quotation Marks in Module Comment Cause It to Disappear Upon Restart
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 10:36:40 PM »

In the lower left of each module can be left a comment.  I have found that if I use quotation marks in the comment (even if the file is saved and changes have been down loaded) after a shut down of the program and subsequent restart, the comment has disappeared.  I realize that this is a MINOR problem, but I just thought I'd see if others ever encountered this.  My New Years' wish is this will be the forum's worst gripe.

I've also experienced this problem, but when I was experimenting with ways to pull these notes out of the file they're kept in for use elsewhere I discovered the the notes themselves are in quotes because the file is actually HTML.  So, if you put quotes inside your note you create an error condition that the internal AHP editor recognizes and causes it to delete your note to protect the integrity of the file. Although it's annoying I find it hard to call it a program fault although it should have been documented by X10.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.