Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with X10 drivers  (Read 9037 times)

vbilly

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Problem with X10 drivers
« on: August 28, 2007, 07:16:38 PM »

First all let me thank any and all hat are able to give me some assistance.  Though I have been working with X10 for a little while I am definitely a noob around here.

I created a php based software application using the SDK for a client of mine.  This is basically a custom made web based controller for him to control some things inside of his business.

The software I created works flawlessly. (patting myself on the back) ..however as we test this on different computers I find problems with the X10 drivers.  For example I just installed the X10 drivers on a new computer and then plugged in the controller (using a model CM15A) for the home controller and no matter what I do when I plug in the USB to the computer I get an unrecognized USB device error.

I have tried installing the x10 drivers, rebooting, and plugging in the device in many different orders and I am plum out out ideas.  Have any of you guys ran into this?  If so what were the fixes that you used?

Thanks a ton for all of your help I greatly appreciate it as I have an anxious client.

Regards,
Billy

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
Re: Problem with X10 drivers
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 07:26:17 PM »

Did you try removing the batteries from the CM15A? Seems dumb, but I think there's a case where the CM15A gets locked up and won't respond to the USB system on the PC for some driver installation situation. I would remove unplug the CM15A from USB, unplug it from AC, remove the batteries, and then try plugging it into AC and USB without batteries.

vbilly

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 07:34:31 PM »

Seems dumb but it did the trick.  Thanks for your help...I GREATLY appreciate it.   Now off to find how I can also make this thing run on Vista :)

stackmann

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 11:25:44 AM »

Thanks for solving my problem, I tool the batts out and the dang USB now works.  Here's the big Q....do I leave the batts out?

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 12:09:50 PM »

Thanks for solving my problem, I tool the batts out and the dang USB now works.  Here's the big Q....do I leave the batts out?
Removing the batteries just served to "reset" the CM15A. You can put them back in now.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 02:16:26 PM »

There's a bug in the CM15A firmware which can make it do strange things.  The bug surfaces when a CM15A has been disconnected from AC power without batteries for a long time, e.g., when you first purchase it.  One (and probably not the only) strange thing is that the CM15A will not wait for a clear AC powerline before transmitting.

To clear the bug, unplug the CM15A from the AC socket and remove a battery.   (The four batteries are in series, so removing one is as good as removing all.)  Wait for a couple of seconds, then replace the battery and plug the CM15A back into the AC socket again.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.