Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ActiveHome Pro CM15a (Activity monitor shows Receive RF K3 Off over and over)  (Read 9010 times)

drmiphesto

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

This is really frustrating. I do have a satellite and a cable connection right behind my computer. If I am not mistaken the cable uses 310mhz correct? Maybe if I unplug them that would help?

If I understand the charts correctly, 310 MHz would be between cable channels 38 and 39.

Given your strange problem, I would recommend you try unplugging everything except your PC and the power supply for the W800RF32A.

You seem to have an awful lot of things plugged into one socket.  Have you measured or calculated the total current being drawn?  Or measured the line voltage with everything operating?

OK I tried to unplug things one at a time back there but it did not seem to help. I havent measured the current being drawn yet. I will give that a shot to see if it does anything.

drmiphesto

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

After many hours of troubleshooting and unplugging, etc. I think this is a range issue. When I am upstairs right near the CM15a and W800 everything is flawless. When I go downstairs and hit the remote I start getting the K3 OFF thing again. Has there ever been a report of something like this happening when you get out of range? The odd thing is though that I would have figured the W800 antenna would have extended the range.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Well 310 MHz is the X10 RF frequency. Even a poor or loose cable connection could be spilling RF into the area close to your receiver.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.