Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pricing & Requirements  (Read 16776 times)

fctlmn

Pricing & Requirements
« on: September 04, 2007, 05:39:33 PM »

On the On Alert web  page   X10 has 4 choices to click. <Already have AH> <Already have Protector Plus> <Don't have neither> or <have both>. Since I have Both, when I click <have both>, it goes to the same page as <Already have AH> and starts off "The starter package includes.." If I have both why the starter pack? Can the plug-in be gotten without the hardware?
[Tuicemen edited to fix OnAlert link]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 01:09:01 PM by Tuicemen »

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Pricing & Requirements
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 05:49:48 PM »

Yes it can... but since the OnAlert plug-in is $49.99 by itself, and X10 sells the complete ActiveHome Pro package (hardware & all software plug-ins) for $49.99, Why buy it as a single item?

Get the package and at least have a backup CM15A. You can just install OnAlert from the package if that's all you need.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 07:33:28 PM »

The Active Home Professional package sold by x10USA has the CM15A and the Active Home Professional software for $49.99

For $99.99 you get the same with a bunch of modules and remotes and other X10 stuff.

Neither package includes any add-ons.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 07:39:18 PM »

The Active Home Professional package sold by x10USA has the CM15A and the Active Home Professional software for $49.99

For $99.99 you get the same with a bunch of modules and remotes and other X10 stuff.

Neither package includes any add-ons.

Dan: Ultimate PC Home Automation System

Look at the what's included for $49.99.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 07:46:25 PM »

The iWitness, MyHouse, and OnAlert plugins are now being offered by several X10 retailer stores on eBay for about $2.50 - $3.00 each.

I bought a couple (for the heck of it) from "The Home Automation Store".  I installed and registered them, and one of these days I might even try them out if I can get a round tuit.   :)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 08:37:12 PM »

...Neither package includes any add-ons.

Since June 2006 (and probably months before that), at least *ONE* CM15A package came with ALMOST ALL of the available Plug-Ins, because that's when I bought mine (OnAlert, since it was relatively new, wasn't included. But it is now).

Charles Sullivan's suggestion,

The iWitness, MyHouse, and OnAlert plugins are now being offered by several X10 retailer stores on eBay for about $2.50 - $3.00 each.

based on ACTUAL EXPERIENCE, appears to be an economical alternative (and a marketing strategy X10 Corp SHOULD have considered. i.e. Show proof-of-ownership of AHP v3.xx and for a minimal fee (either for all, or each), get the LINK(s) for any new Plug-In(s)s since your purchase date).
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 09:19:42 PM »

...Neither package includes any add-ons.

Since June 2006 (and probably months before that), at least *ONE* CM15A package came with ALMOST ALL of the available Plug-Ins, because that's when I bought mine (OnAlert, since it was relatively new, wasn't included. But it is now).

Charles Sullivan's suggestion,

based on ACTUAL EXPERIENCE, appears to be an economical alternative (and a marketing strategy X10 Corp SHOULD have considered. i.e. Show proof-of-ownership of AHP v3.xx and for a minimal fee (either for all, or each), get the LINK(s) for any new Plug-In(s)s since your purchase date).

I heartily agree!
I must say, I was "a bit miffed" to put it mildly when not too long after I bought the orginal release of Smart Macros, X10 started offering it as "part of" AHP and I had basically spent twice as much to get both as what the "full package" was being offered for only a short time later!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 09:57:43 PM »

I worked retail some years ago. We would bring in new stock... and put it ON SALE. Then after we got our money back (purchase price, shipping, and bank carrying fee's) we would mark it UP to regular price. Then after a period of profit taking.... we clearance priced the remaining stock to make room for the new stock... and put it ON SALE.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.