Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DS10A Security Module Name Change Triggers Re-Install Logic  (Read 10208 times)

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
DS10A Security Module Name Change Triggers Re-Install Logic
« on: September 05, 2007, 10:56:26 AM »

Hi all,
     Having a problem that I've seen briefly mentioned in another post but no resolution was posted.  Here's what happens.

Install a new DS10A in ActiveHome Pro. The install screen pops up "waiting for signal".  I press the test button on the DS10a and everything is fine. The DS10A installs correctly.

If the DS10A gets triggered, it show up in the activity log.  Even the hourly status shows up in the activity log.  All is well

Here's the problem.
If I right click on the DS10A module, then click on "Edit Module" to say change the name of the module then click on the OK button, The word "Install" appears on the icon over the Magnet picture and I have to re-install the DS10A module again.  Even if I don't change anything on the "Edit Module" screen and just click the OK button, the "Install" still appears.

This also happens when I do the above on the Security Remote (Sh624).  I suspect that it will happen on the Keyfob as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: DS10A Security Module Name Change Triggers Re-Install Logic
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 11:14:28 AM »

Hi spam4us,

This, unfortunately, is normal for OnAlert. It would be nice if the program gave you the option to retain the previously installed security code or acquire a new one; instead of forcing a re-install after something as minor as a name change.

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: DS10A Security Module Name Change Triggers Re-Install Logic
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 02:46:21 PM »

Thanks Puck.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.