Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Help] LM465 Works With Remote But Not AHP (and Vice Versa)  (Read 7275 times)

dwaner

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

Greetings,
My current system consists of Model DS7000
security system and the CM15A along with
AHP V3.87 I live in a small one bedroom
apartment and using three LM465 modules. LM
1 in the living room, LM 2 in the computer
room, and LM 3 in the bedroom. LM 1 and 2
work just fine, but LM 3 turns on only by
my remotes and will not turn on via AHP.
Strange that when turning on via remotes
the switch on the module in AHP moves on
and off, but if I click it on and off lamp
does not turn on. The other two modules
work in AHP.

I have tried eveything I can think of to
do. Different house codes and unit codes.
Strange though that if I move the lamp and
module from the bedroom to another room it
works fine with both remote and AHP, but
back to the bedroom anly the remote works
not AHP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

guppeeh

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: [Help] LM465 Works With Remote But Not AHP (and Vice Versa)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 10:27:51 PM »

Something is clearly messed up with the softare because I have the opposite problem after receiving my new package.  AHP can dim the lights (although you can control the thresholds or the scale so only between 90% to 100% is really useful) but my hand remotes can't activate the dimming and but can toggle the virtual light switch, but nothing happens with the lamp.

I'm in IT and confortable with electronics and I'm still scratching my head.  and yes i've tried different palm remotes and batteries.  If x10 is monitoring this thread, we need some major help.  I'm starting to regret my decision to jump on this product already.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 10:50:18 PM »

...but my hand remotes can't activate the dimming...

Under "Tools / Hardware Configuration", check the house code of your remote so that it is transceived.

computerpal

• ComputerPal
    • Computer Pal, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 10:59:19 PM »

I would say the problem is noise on your line.  I had the same issue.  Get a Power Strip and plug Lm465 into it then try AHP.

guppeeh

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 12:12:27 AM »

...but my hand remotes can't activate the dimming...

Under "Tools / Hardware Configuration", check the house code of your remote so that it is transceived.

Thx Puck and others for the quickk response.  You led me in the right direction but the problem wasn't my house code.  Let me explain as this might be useful to others.  This might have been addressed in this forum before but I didnt find solutions related to my issue using the search.

You see, for some odd reason AHP would open up popup windows for some of the options but they'll be razor thin so the actually window looks like a odd line, a glitch.  However, a new AHP task would open for things like registration and the aforementioned "Hardware Configuration."  There's mystery new tasks would pile up but the windows would be basically invisible.  Only did I try to maximize the tasks did the window open up in full view.  I'm not sure if this is specific to my system config or really a common occurrence.  Anyone know anything about these anorexic popups?

Anyways, now that I can get access to the configuration, I was able to update interface, which I presume pushes the new codes to the CMA module.  After that happened, the remote were able to control the modules.  Works nicely with a 1 second lag and loud click on the applicance module.  I could deal with that.

Playing around, I came across another barrier.  Those palm remotes were rated for 100ft so I figure apartment walls would cut that distance to 50 or so.  Not exactly, I could get  a signal to my 2way PC interface only to the next room, thru one later of plaster wall, about 25 ft max.  I tried different batteries but the results were the same.

So anyone got any ideas to boost the signal without buying more controller modules?  thanks again for the help.  So far support is pretty good here.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 12:27:05 AM »

guppeeh, thanks for posting back with what you found.

I have experienced the single pixel wide AHP screen a few times. I too had to select maximize from the tray to get it to open up. I have no idea why it does that. I do recall seeing this problem mentioned somewhere else on the forum.

You should definitely be getting more than 25ft from the Palmpad. Could there be metal duct work inside the wall right behind where you have the CM15A plugged in, which could be blocking the signal?

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 01:19:44 AM »

Playing around, I came across another barrier.  Those palm remotes were rated for 100ft so I figure apartment walls would cut that distance to 50 or so.  Not exactly, I could get  a signal to my 2way PC interface only to the next room, thru one later of plaster wall, about 25 ft max.  I tried different batteries but the results were the same.

So anyone got any ideas to boost the signal without buying more controller modules?  thanks again for the help.  So far support is pretty good here.

Check this thread: CM15A RF Range Problems
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.