Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help, A Few Problems  (Read 21969 times)

Crazyju

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help, A Few Problems
« on: September 06, 2007, 11:46:23 AM »

First of all, Great forum. I would not have gotten very far without it. I am running a 4400+ 2gb ram, Nvidia 8600gt ,Vista Premium with AHP and all plugins. I also have the DS7000. For the most part everything is working. I got video with the workarounds listed here. I am able to use myhouse from work (getting video and control). Now the first problem. I am setting up a macro to arm the DS7000 from work. I can not get my SH624 to show up in the modules drop down list. It is installed, shows motion when activated. I have uninstalled, deleted uninstalled modules, unplugged, took batteries out of everything, and still cant get it to show up when writing a macro. Any other suggestions? Now the other problem. I cannot record video. When i press the record video button, it tells me it is recording. When i go to view videos, it shows no files. I can view snapshots and stills. It is creating an avi file in the video folder, But windows cannot view it. I have completed the complete reinstall per the wikki twice. Same problem each time. Is there a way to change codecs outside of AHP? I cannot acces video preferences or AHP crashes.
Any other suggestions or ideas. Thanks for the help.
I just purchased last week and am running the latest software versions.
Carl
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:02:06 PM by Crazyju »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Help, A Few Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 12:21:30 PM »

I am setting up a macro to arm the DS7000 from work. I can not get my SH624 to show up in the modules drop down list. It is installed, shows motion when activated. I have uninstalled, deleted uninstalled modules, unplugged, took batteries out of everything, and still cant get it to show up when writing a macro. Any other suggestions?
when you create a macro for security  you have to select Security then under Trigger scroll down to the name you gave the SH624. Security modules can only trigger macros you can't control them via a macro!

Now the other problem. I cannot record video. When i press the record video button, it tells me it is recording. When i go to view videos, it shows no files. I can view snapshots and stills. It is creating an avi file in the video folder, But windows cannot view it. I have completed the complete reinstall per the wikki twice. Same problem each time. Is there a way to change codecs outside of AHP? I cannot acces video preferences or AHP crashes.
Any other suggestions or ideas. Thanks for the help.
I just purchased last week and am running the latest software versions.
Carl
Usualy the system crashes with 98 when going to video preferences This may be a problem with Vista as well ( idon't run this)
Is there a way to set programs to run in a combatibility mode such as XP has? ???
If so set AHP to run in XP compatibility mode. ;)

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Crazyju

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 12:41:36 PM »

Thank you. i am trying to copy this macro. http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=12725.msg70683#msg70683

I am not sure if xp compatible mode is available. I will check when I Get home.

Thank you,

Carl

<< Edited by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) to repair link.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 12:14:53 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 12:54:32 PM »

Ok you need to create a dummy (phantom module) first!
That is the trigger then you are just seting the security system an armed command your not using the SH624 but the CM15A to send the armed signal! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Crazyju

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 01:13:45 PM »

Thanks Tuic, Ill try it out tonight.

Crazyju

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 08:46:16 AM »

I got the macro to work. No luck with the xp compatibility. Still get the crashes. I have seen on here where others are getting it to work with Vista. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Carl

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 12:45:47 PM »

There are a few Vista Posts do an Advanced Search for "Vista" and read the posts there!
The Fix may be as simple as running Vista in administration mode as pointed out in Vista Compatible
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Crazyju

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 12:04:18 PM »

Ive read through those post. Still no go. Thank you for the input though. I think i ll just move some computers around and put it on the xp.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.