Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: running a macro on the PC  (Read 4307 times)

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
running a macro on the PC
« on: September 13, 2007, 01:41:47 AM »

Just an observation.....I've noticed that when I run a macro on the PC, the following happens..

trigger macro (a 3 condition, 1 trigger macro)
I can see the macros running (macro1, macro2, Macro3) and then the "Run Macro" lights stop blinking when the macro is finished.  I verified that the last command was executed in the Activity Monitor.

Now, if I trigger the macro again within a couple seconds after the first time, nothing happens.  I can see the "trigger on" in the Activity Monitor but the macro itself doesn't run.

However, If I wait about 4-5 seconds after the first execution stops and then trigger the macro again, it runs fine.

Could this be that ActiveHome is ignoring the trigger and is busy going thru the rest of it allocated block of execution memory looking for another trigger to act on?  Again, this would be running the macro on the PC.

thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: running a macro on the PC
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 07:35:33 AM »

Without knowing exactly what your macros contain users can only guess as to what is going on!
there are a few ExpertAdvisers here that will gladly help you figure out what is going on but more information is needed!
Post all the information that is in your macros! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
Re: running a macro on the PC
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 01:07:33 PM »

As Tuicemen said, we'll need more info to help you figure out what's going on. Please post your macros for us to examine.

There can be any number of reasons why it's not working. i.e. What is your trigger source?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.