Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help With Instructions DS7000  (Read 4238 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Help With Instructions DS7000
« on: September 10, 2007, 03:51:38 PM »

Hello I thought when you arm the ds7000 if you have a lamp or light set to the same unit and house code as the console it was suppose to come on when you arm the system. So I guess you could be outside and see a light confirming the system is armed. Also I don't see any mention in the instructions on how you "listen in" if the alarm is tripped this is such an important feature how could this have been overlooked, if I remember correctly you push one key to listen and something else to turn the alarm off but I don't see any mention of this either, trying to help a friend setup one of these after I made the recommendation to him to make the purchase and what to make sure he understands all the features. Thanks!

Tom j

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Help With Instructions DS7000
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 04:17:27 PM »

tom j: According to the manual, the only time the light comes on, that is set to the same House/Unit Code as the console, is when arming in delay mode. However, a few have mentioned that this light comes on for a second when arming with the keychain remote (immediate mode). Is there a firmware difference between various production builds (?) See the undocumented changes with the various date codes of the Lamp Module.

The listen in feature has been strategically camouflaged by X10 as a message example in "Storing a Voice Message" Page 15, sentence # 3.

When "0" is pressed, only the built in siren stops during the phone call. Any external power horns will continue to blare in the background. There are no other features controlled by pressing phone buttons. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if there are undocumented features available throughtout the different date codes. Experimentation is the real document.  ;)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Help With Instructions DS7000
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 08:23:37 PM »

tom j: According to the manual, the only time the light comes on, that is set to the same House/Unit Code as the console, is when arming in delay mode. However, a few have mentioned that this light comes on for a second when arming with the keychain remote (immediate mode). Is there a firmware difference between various production builds (?) See the undocumented changes with the various date codes of the Lamp Module.

The listen in feature has been strategically camouflaged by X10 as a message example in "Storing a Voice Message" Page 15, sentence # 3.

When "0" is pressed, only the built in siren stops during the phone call. Any external power horns will continue to blare in the background. There are no other features controlled by pressing phone buttons. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if there are undocumented features available throughtout the different date codes. Experimentation is the real document.  ;)

Say Thanks Puck! maybe that's what I saw that in the delay mode it comes on but if so x10 should have mentioned this in the instructions and the listen in feature is very poorly documented they definitely shouldn't have buried the instructions for something this important in some cryptic hidden section!! I just wonder how many people that own this system aren't even aware of this feature? You know it's been a while but it seems like I used the listen in feature once without cutting the siren off  humm...  :-\

Tom j
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 08:41:16 PM by tom j »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.