Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wireless receiver issues with LCDs  (Read 4349 times)

diver84

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Wireless receiver issues with LCDs
« on: September 11, 2007, 12:43:36 AM »

I have been trying for 2 days to receive the signal from my XCam 2 with the VR 31A hooked up to my LCD TV with no luck at all. I have the video and audio jacks inputed into an AV port on the LCD. I would only get slight snaps of grainy video and sound, but it would never lock in. Then I hooked up the coax cable, ran it thru the VCR, put up a PIP and got a solid video and sound. When I then swapped the PIP, nothing but blue screen. Is there something in the software or hardware that does not like to work with LCDs ???

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Wireless receiver issues with LCDs
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 08:47:54 AM »

The fact that you did
only get slight snaps of grainy video and sound, but it would never lock in
suggests that the antenna wasn't aligned,bad wiring or RF interference or all three!

Be sure the antennas of both the cams and the receiver are pointed as close to directly at each other as you can!

I have no problems getting a clear picture on my LCD TV, but cheep (bad) RCA or Coax cables have been known to cause problems.
Try higher quality RCA cables and keep the receiver as far from the TV as the cables will allow! ;)

Many things can cause the RF interference do an Advance Search for "RF interference" it may turn up the culprit!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 08:49:48 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.