Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BATTERY OPERATED CAMERA  (Read 3299 times)

MAXX

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
BATTERY OPERATED CAMERA
« on: September 12, 2007, 12:13:32 AM »

I NEED A CAMERA THAT IS COMPLETELY WIRELESS

I have a need for a camera in a place where there is no electricity.

This camera would have to be completely battery operated and have built in micro cassette tape with recording only when there is movement.  Must be able to produce clear pictures in the dark.  Yes I mean dark, no light .   The vanguard  starlight might work if it were modified. I need 1 to be hidden inside a parked moving truck,  and one to be hidden in a wooded area outside, must be water proofed.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: BATTERY OPERATED CAMERA
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 04:31:47 PM »

If you use a large enough deep cell 12 volt battery, you could invert the power to 120V AC. This may work for a tape player... but don't use inverted power on the X10 addressable power supply (the inverted AC is too harsh) use a non-X10 power supply (RadioShack can fix you up).

The X10 motion sensor and VCR commander will allow you to record "only the action".
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: BATTERY OPERATED CAMERA
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 08:05:14 AM »

Not a problem
This camera would have to be completely battery operated and have built in micro cassette tape with recording only when there is movement. 
this type of camera X10 doesn't Carry
Must be able to produce clear pictures in the dark.  Yes I mean dark, no light .   The vanguard  starlight might work if it were modified.
true some modification will need to be done!
As Dave stated you'll need a deep cycle battery (How big depends on the length of time every thing must run before you are able to recharge it) But I'd advise against the inverter they make all kinds of 12 equipment. Most of your modifications can be done with stuff from Radio Shack!
You are probably better looking for your equipment from a local spy (surveillance) shop! Yes they are around and their stuff will be much easier to hide as it will be smaller!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 08:10:08 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.