🔌General Home Automation > User Modified Devices

DS7000 (PS561) & DS10A Used As A Fire Detector Alarm System !

<< < (2/6) > >>

TakeTheActive:

--- Quote from: Tikka on August 21, 2006, 08:06:47 AM ---Does X-10 sell the Magnetic switches of the Door/Window sensors separately.
--- End quote ---

Standard item - try RadioShack or an online electronics site or a local alarm shop...

JMac:

--- Quote from: AlarmSafe on August 31, 2006, 09:29:51 AM --- Hey James,
I would like to do this, can you send me a How to video? Please contact me soon, you can also send me an e-mail. ;D

--- End quote ---
   You don't need a video for this.  It's not a hard modification and I'm not an expert in the soldering world, but was able to make James S's idea work.  Just follow the schematic for the relay to see where to attach the sensor and smoke detector escape light wires.

Sensor *   *  (not used)

Smoke Detector  *   *                           * Sensor

Does this make any sense to you?  The symbol "*" depicts the pin location on the bottom of the Radio Shack relay.

AlarmSafe:
THANKS!!!!! :D

AlarmSafe:
Hey James,
Is it ok to use the First Alert SA302, SA303, or SA340 because walmart did not have the SA304 smoke detector. I have already bought the relay and soldered it to a x10 sensor and to an extra two wires. Let me know as soon as you can.

Andrew

James S.:
Alarm Safe:   I'm not familiar with those smoke detectors.  If they have a light that turns on when smoke detected, you should be able to use them. Use a volt meter to confirm voltage available at light terminals on smoke detector when it is in alarm mode and match this voltage to relay voltage requirements.
When using two DS7000 systems, one for fire and the other for security, set each DS7000 on separate housecodes. You can then set up different lights (using X10 lamp modules or light switches) to come on when one or the other DS7000 goes into alarm mode. For example, have table lamps to light up for fire and ceiling lights to light up for break in. If you use only one DS7000 for both fire and security (not recommended), the only way you will know to grab a fire hose or a baseball bat is to listen for the sound that the smoke detector makes. This could be quite diffcult will DS7000 alarm sounding. Thats why I recommend using two DS7000. In addition, when away from home, each DS7000 will have a separate recording, one for fire, one for break in.    James S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version