Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES  (Read 343794 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 09:14:25 AM »

Please add icons for the PSC01 and PF284 interfaces. 

Those the are Burglar Alarm Interfaces, no?  They are really controllers, not modules. 
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 09:37:16 AM »

First of all, I'm glad to see that X10.com is once again asking for feedback from the members of the forum, and is willing to hear what we have to say.
Many of us have been struggling with problems for a very long time, and now we have some hope that some of them may be addressed.

I agree with the postings I've read so far, that there are a lot of things that should be fixed, as well as a lot of things that would be nice to add.

While I would love to see support for rechargeable batteries, an external antenna connector, and flash memory, I realize that those things would require releasing a new unit, and are probably not happening any time soon.

However, I would like to request these additions / enhancements to the software:

1. AHP should have been written to use Windows-standard dialogs and keystrokes. Why can't it look like the rest of my apps (I'm not using the "standard" Window XP theme on my PC)? It isn't too late to fix this, if a new version is going to be released. At least put in support to change the skin, and support keystrokes like "Alt-F4"

2. I would like to be able to configure a module to be addressed using RF commands. I have one outlet at the end of a long run, with a bunch of signal-sucking stuff in between. Filtering is not very easy for that circuit. I've gotten around it by putting a tm751 AFTER the last signal sucker. That passes the commands nicely to the appliance module at the end of the run. Rather than have to write a macro to send the "C14 on" as an RF command, I would like to be able to define the module in AHP as needing RF signals, so the CM15A would send RF out, and the TM751 would receive it. This would also help for people who can't use a signal bridge / repeater (like those who have a UPS or a backup generator, and therefore have isolated power panels. 

3. Display the Flag status in the interface, rather than having to launch the status report to see it.

4. Have an easy way to set or clear flags from the interface (instead of having to write a macro to do it).

5. Ability to download the programming from the CM15A, and "reverse-engineer" the AHX file (or at least some portion of it). I realize that the CM15A doesn't store module names or rooms, but it would help if you have to rebuild from scratch. At least you'd get a listing of the timers and such.

6. Ability to program a trigger for return of power (after a power failure). This would have to be run from the interface, as the PC might not still be on after the power outage. I've seen two workarounds for this (I posted the one I came up with), but neither is as clean or perfect as one built-into the interface.

--Noam

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 09:44:47 AM »

Fix the transceiver so that a disabled housecode is COMPLETELY ignored, including by macros.

My Opinion:

It would be nice to be able to completely ignore individual house codes, but I'd prefer it to be a 3 choice selection:

1 - Transceived
2 - Not Transceived
3 - Ignored

The reason is that I don't want some RF devices (like motion sensors) to be transceived, but i do want them to trigger a macro. I wouldn't want unnecessary PLC signals cluttering the power lines just to get an RF macro trigger.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 10:31:11 AM »

Fix the transceiver so that a disabled housecode is COMPLETELY ignored, including by macros.

My Opinion:

It would be nice to be able to completely ignore individual house codes, but I'd prefer it to be a 3 choice selection:

1 - Transceived
2 - Not Transceived
3 - Ignored

The reason is that I don't want some RF devices (like motion sensors) to be transceived, but i do want them to trigger a macro. I wouldn't want unnecessary PLC signals cluttering the power lines just to get an RF macro trigger.

That's a great idea!
Perhaps they could just have a list of all 16 house codes, and have checkboxes or radio buttons for the different options. They could add the monitored housecode in there as a radio buttion(and still make it so only one housecode can be selected for that). That would make it really easy to know how it is treating the different house codes.

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 10:33:47 AM »

12. the ability to use the wheel on the mouse when looking thru the Activity Montor.( should be an easy fix)

13. the ability to cut & paste from the Activity Monitor report

14. Output the reports to either a file (or and option to do so) or have the ability to cut & paste from the reports.

15. Support for the W800RF32A - X10 RF  OR create your own version that works with excellent reception range. Don't cut corners.  

BTW....How often is AHP updated with revisions

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 11:33:39 AM »

Some OnAlert suggestions:

• 1. Ability to send an RF PANIC to the DS7000.

• 2. User selected preference to allow/disallow DisArm with a Macro.

• 3. Since each security module requires a House & Unit Code address, make it accessible during editting to allow the user to choose (instead of having to do the posted work-around).

• 4. Allow a security module to be editted (name, house/unit code, etc.) without being forced to re-register it's security code.

• 5. Fix the OnAlert Arming bug so that when you Arm with a macro it not only sends the DS7000 an RF Arm command, it also Arms itself; this is needed to be able to use the Arm state as a reliable condition for macros.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 01:29:40 PM by Puck »

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 01:09:56 PM »

Would not a free form RF command capability handle these?  I would think that one would just need to code in either the Panic command or the Disarm command, and wal-la, it works (or am I missing something?).
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 01:29:43 PM »

Would not a free form RF command capability handle these?  I would think that one would just need to code in either the Panic command or the Disarm command, and wal-la, it works (or am I missing something?).

No. The security RF commands are not the same as the normal X10 addressable RF commands, and the AHP RF Commands currently do not allow security codes. When you add a security remote module in AHP with OnAlert, the only 2 options it currently allows are 1) Arm Immediate & 2) Arm Delayed.

And this just reminded me another bug that was discovered... see #5 above.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 03:10:07 PM »

Fixes: ::) :)
There are several software bugs that need to be addressed for those that don't have OnAlert see Topic: Software problems v3.204  (Read 6260 times)
For those that have OnAlert (version 3.206) some of the problems were solved others created see Topic: Software problems v3.206 (OnAlert)  (Read 6911 times)
Ideas: ;)
All the ones mentioned plus
    [li]A update for the SDK to allow security modules to be configured as well as the ability to download to the CM15A ;)
     [/li]
    [li]A New plug-in- for AHP for the IR Commander and VCR Commander similar to the out dated IR Commander software
     [/li]
    [li] The ability (option) to use MYHouse plug-in with our servers or X10s
     [/li]
    [li] Add the ability for iWitness\iWatchout to capture on motion sensed like Xrayvision was capable off[/li]

[/list]
    Note: I'll update my Ideas list as new ones come to mind! ;) ::)
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 09:56:50 AM by Tuicemen »
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
    « Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 06:19:37 PM »

Why not a MAJOR upgrade..... incorporate the other items mentioned PLUS buy BVC (from Bill of wgjohns.com) and offer that as a plug-in. It could be the X10 answer to HAL!

X10 could go one step further. And modify (actually... create a new product) a camera base (both wired and wireless) to be an X10 addressable microphone. Two problems that have hampered Voice Command are computer processing power, and a microphone setup. Computers no-longer have processing issues, and the microphone issue is easily solved with X10 addressable wireless mono microphones (I know this). The soundpower units would work great for speaker systems too.

As far as I am concerned.... Voice Command is the holy Grail of Home Automation. With a tiny effort from X10... everyone could enjoy this. X10 could even offer a "package deal" for whole-house voice command.
    « Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 09:27:28 PM by Dave_x10_L »
    Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Helpful Post Rating: 282
    • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    « Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 07:24:41 PM »

I have to agree with Dave_x10_L  here!
    Quote from: Dave_x10_L
    As far as I am concerned.... Voice Command is the holy Grail of Home Automation.

Voice recognition would put X10 Back on top!
    As an additional suggestion for the microphone:
    A New X10 Product!
    X10 Could develop and market a "bluetooth class 1" ComBadge similar to those used in StarTrek Voyager or the Motorola S705 SoundPilot
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 07:29:27 PM by Tuicemen »
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
    « Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 07:52:18 PM »

All good ideas, but let's be practical gang... X10 is in business and needs to make money. So, my suggestions:  

For (future) sale from X10--

Gold Version AHP software. Brand new, with fixes incorporated, greater stability added, and functions improved for future newer plug-in modules like Speech . (It can announce, for example,  that someone is at the front door, the alarm is about to be set, the outside lights and garage door status, or just say "Good Night" before bedtime lighting.)

For more stability, this new software can be paired with the next generation interface, which is also more stable, has larger memory, contains additional enhancements like full RF control (sending and receiving), more flags, and is upgradeable for future ideas.

$50 for both? $50 each? (I can see the web site graphics now....) For what I have invested in X10 already, I'd gladly pay either price for stability and the opportunity of future additions to my home system.

chewie8han

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    « Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 11:27:49 AM »

All good ideas, but let's be practical gang... X10 is in business and needs to make money. So, my suggestions: 

For (future) sale from X10--

Gold Version AHP software. Brand new, with fixes incorporated, greater stability added, and functions improved for future newer plug-in modules like Speech . (It can announce, for example,  that someone is at the front door, the alarm is about to be set, the outside lights and garage door status, or just say "Good Night" before bedtime lighting.)

For more stability, this new software can be paired with the next generation interface, which is also more stable, has larger memory, contains additional enhancements like full RF control (sending and receiving), more flags, and is upgradeable for future ideas.

$50 for both? $50 each? (I can see the web site graphics now....) For what I have invested in X10 already, I'd gladly pay either price for stability and the opportunity of future additions to my home system.

That's all fine and dandy, Bill, but I shouldn't have to fork out another $50-$100 just for something to be STABLE!! This is one of the reasons that people are moving away from X10 is because of their buggy software.  I'm glad that the developers are actually asking for our requests on this, but it makes about as much sense as a car company charging me to put in a new engine just because I can't drive 5 miles off the dealer's lot.

Kevin

steven r

• Advanced Member
    • Helpful Post Rating: 74
    • Halloween with X10
    « Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 12:17:05 PM »

I too am glad to see a commitment from X10 to look at our comments.

There are several known bugs that have been posted elsewhere on this forum. Is it sufficient just leaving them there or should they all be repeated in this thread to be noticed?

BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
    :) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
    « Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 01:19:53 PM »

X10 Could develop and market a "bluetooth class 1" ComBadge similar to those used in StarTrek Voyager or the Motorola S705 SoundPilot

Sorry, I just couldn't resist this target....

This is almost what you requested....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
    © Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.