Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES  (Read 343786 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Re: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 01:22:24 PM »

Fixes: ::) :)
There are several software bugs that need to be addressed for those that don't have OnAlert see Topic: Software problems v3.204  (Read 6260 times)
For those that have OnAlert (version 3.206) some of the problems were solved others created see Topic: Software problems v3.206 (OnAlert)  (Read 6911 times)

I was wondering why references to those already existing threads wasn't the first posting here.   ???
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 02:59:53 PM »

Fixes: ::) :)
There are several software bugs that need to be addressed for those that don't have OnAlert see Topic: Software problems v3.204  (Read 6260 times)
For those that have OnAlert (version 3.206) some of the problems were solved others created see Topic: Software problems v3.206 (OnAlert)  (Read 6911 times)

I was wondering why references to those already existing threads wasn't the first posting here.   ???

Guess I'm just not a quick enough typer! ;) :D ;D
Actually I'm surprised also Why No Other member pointed mmallari to the Software Problems & Bugs Section, many users besides myself spent some time posting problems and Bugs there! ::) ???
Also not one user directed Mike to the Wish List section which is full of wonderful suggestions! ::) ???
Looks like only recently posted ideas and bugs will be looked at! ::) :(
I hope that isn't the case! ;) :D ;D

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Michael M.

• Typologist
  • Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • X10 Community
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 04:11:39 PM »

Thank you everyone for your responses so far.  I've forwarded this to our Development Team so they can properly take a look at your comments and provide replies.

Feel free to keep on posting! As we certainly appreciate all that you've provided!

Regards,
Mike M.
X10.com

Read my blog at www.x10community.com/michaelm

Visit the Community Site at www.x10community.com

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2007, 12:49:12 PM »

It would be nice to be able to completely ignore individual house codes, but I'd prefer it to be a 3 choice selection:

1 - Transceived
2 - Not Transceived
3 - Ignored

The reason is that I don't want some RF devices (like motion sensors) to be transceived, but i do want them to trigger a macro. I wouldn't want unnecessary PLC signals cluttering the power lines just to get an RF macro trigger.

OK, some RF options like this for each house code ...

•   Disabled (RF ignored)
  •   Recorded (RF Shows in Activity Monitor)
  •   Received (CM15A executes RF command)
  •   Transceived (RF command repeated onto PLC)

Even though this is also by house codes, it is for both RF and PLC.  So, I am inclined to keep it separate.

•   Monitored (Status saved)(Select only one)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 12:58:48 PM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2007, 12:51:36 PM »

I've never had a module on either P1 or P16.

Aren't phantom P house codes, really truncated extended commands?

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »

Daylight Savings Time

I am tempted to say simply to support the new DST rules (laws?).  However, given that these could change yet again, on another whim, allow us to specify them in a preference window, possibly the window were we currently set our physical location.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2007, 06:39:55 PM »

No idea.  They've always been there since I got AHP 2 years ago.  I have no extended commands.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2007, 06:46:21 PM »

Please add icons for the PSC01 and PF284 interfaces. 

Those the are Burglar Alarm Interfaces, no?  They are really controllers, not modules. 

Yes they are but so are the I/R detectors and they're included in AHP.  In think we have to recognize two different classes of controllers.  The first kind includes all the ones with buttons on them that we push ourselves when we want something to happen. We don't need icons for these. The second kind includes all the ones that work automatically and interface X-10 with the ouside world.  So far, from X10, these include the I/R detectors and the PSC01 and PF284, which don't just work with burglar alarms but are actually a very well designed general prupose interface to the outside world for X10 systems.  We do need icons for controllers of this second kind.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2007, 06:58:22 PM »

One more "bug" to be fixed: 

"Error:  An error has occurred while
communicating with your AH USB interface. To
make sure that your timers and macros
continue to run, click OK to download your
settings to the interface"

This pops up every once in a while.  You simply clear the interface and redownload all timers and macros.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »

The second kind includes all the ones that work automatically and interface X-10 with the ouside world.  So far, from X10, these include the I/R detectors and the PSC01 and PF284, which don't just work with burglar alarms but are actually a very well designed general prupose interface to the outside world for X10 systems.  We do need icons for controllers of this second kind.

How would such an icon work?   For example, I have a Burglar Alarm Interface (BAI) set to flash the lights.  How would AHP indicate such, with some certainty, that its screw terminals are shorted (or has a low voltage) across them?    A macro--like blue indicator flashing 'on' and 'off' ?? 

Would AHP "look" for all-lights-on alternating with all-units-off, to detect a BAI is active?

Just trying to help define it....

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 08:53:14 PM »

AHP sends out a legitimate "P16  On" to the powerline when it's started up.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Oldtimer

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 45
  • Line Noise & Signal Sucker Fatigue Syndrome
    • Oldtimer's X10 Forum Home Page
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007, 09:13:53 PM »

The second kind includes all the ones that work automatically and interface X-10 with the ouside world.  So far, from X10, these include the I/R detectors and the PSC01 and PF284, which don't just work with burglar alarms but are actually a very well designed general prupose interface to the outside world for X10 systems.  We do need icons for controllers of this second kind.

How would such an icon work?   For example, I have a Burglar Alarm Interface (BAI) set to flash the lights.  How would AHP indicate such, with some certainty, that its screw terminals are shorted (or has a low voltage) across them?    A macro--like blue indicator flashing 'on' and 'off' ?? 

Would AHP "look" for all-lights-on alternating with all-units-off, to detect a BAI is active?

Just trying to help define it....

It would sense the presence on the AC line of an ON or OFF X10 signal with the House/Unit Code it was set to and then show the state change with an indicator "light" or some such graphic instead of the toggle switch handle of regular modules.  Having the ON or OFF light blink briefly while it's state changed would be nice but not essential.  I suspect a lash up of existing code from a regular module and and I/R module with new graphics would do the job nicely.  Clicking on the ON or OFF light with the mouse cursor would send that House/Unit Code Function for test purposes but would not change the state of the icon.
Having "fun" with X-10 since 1980.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2007, 10:41:58 PM »

AHP sends out a legitimate "P16  On" to the powerline when it's started up.

Why?   What does AHP send out if P16 has a module on it?

Boiler

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2007, 04:43:11 PM »

...Wanted to get your thoughts regarding the current AHP program.  Pleae feel free to post away regarding any possible additions or fixes you feel can be included to better the software.  Maybe you thought of a new macro? Or do you think the software can be improved with a tweak here or there? Or possibly you may have even discovered a bug in the software? Let us know!

Mike,
Your original post was in reference to AHP and software changes.  I've seen numerous software and hardware change requests in this thread.

Just to be clear, what is the scope of the change that X10 is undertaking?  Is this a face lift (mod to the AHP software) or a major change incorporating a CM15B (new PLC without the documented interrupt problems with the current PIC)  and PC software?

Either way, your (active) presence on this forum is very much welcomed. 

The Boiler

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2007, 05:58:22 PM »

I want to add one more item to add to AHP:  Program it so AHP won't kill screen savers.   It's a little thing, but why does every other Windows program not kill a screen saver?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.