Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES  (Read 343802 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: AHP COMMENTS/IDEAS/FIXES
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2007, 10:13:07 PM »

....................Either way, your (active) presence on this forum is very much welcomed. 

The Boiler

Ditto!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Saber Dog

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2007, 11:17:12 PM »

I searched the sales website for a house thermostat that could be changed via the net. There is one that fools the regular thermostat into lowering the temperature by warming the stst. But it requires an electrical outlet nearby. I was hoping to find one that was RC controled that replaced the regular stat.

I'm sorry if this topic was covered befire, I'm new.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2007, 08:30:33 AM »

I searched the sales website for a house thermostat that could be changed via the net. There is one that fools the regular thermostat into lowering the temperature by warming the stst. But it requires an electrical outlet nearby. I was hoping to find one that was RC controled that replaced the regular stat.

The RCS TXB-16  Thermostat <http://www.smarthome.com/3045B.html> can be controlled and interrogated by X10 signals.  Unfortunately ActiveHome Pro doesn't adequately support the X10 Preset 1 and Preset 2  functions required to make full use of the device.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

BarrettJ

• X10 Desk Jockey
  • Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »

Thank you to everyone that is providing input so far.  Your suggestions are very helpful and will be forwarded to our team of software engineers.

Let's keep this thread on track, in a technical manner.  All non-AHP related posts will be removed to simplify the viewing process.  If there are concerns, please feel free to PM MichaelM or myself.
X10 Search Marketing Coordinator

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2007, 08:26:10 PM »

Please keep us advised as the process continues.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2007, 10:46:39 PM »

In the Macro Designer > Advanced Function menu, provide the capability of sending the commands Preset (functions 0xA/0xB) and StatusRequest. (standard Poll, function 0xF).

In the Activity Monitor, correctly display all valid X10 commands transmitted and sent.   The current situation is:
   The commands Preset, HailAcknowledge, and ExtendedDataTransfer are all displayed as ExtendedDataTransfer.
   The StatusRequest, StatusOn, and StatusOff commands are displayed without the Housecode.
   AHP currently responds to a Hail command with a HailAcknowledge, but neither the received Hail nor the transmitted HailAcknowledge  are displayed.
   (And fix the HailAcknowledge so it includes the monitored Housecode instead of just housecode A.)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2007, 11:11:14 PM »

Fix the how the activity monitor displays for macros that are triggered by an off signal.

e.g. I have a macro "D1 ON" that closes the garage and a macro "D1 OFF" that incrementally dims the dinning room light. When I send a D1 OFF signal, AHP calls it D4 (Close Garage) / D OFF. Needless to say when I'm dimming the dinning room light it's confusing for it to be saying anything about the garage.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Michael M.

• Typologist
  • Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • X10 Community
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2007, 05:20:29 PM »

Pleaes know that your comments have not gone unnoticed.  I have forwarded these items to our Design Team so that they can be aware of it.  Thanks for all the great suggestions!

-MichaelM
Read my blog at www.x10community.com/michaelm

Visit the Community Site at www.x10community.com

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2007, 05:05:32 PM »

fix the following please.

Install a new DS10A in ActiveHome Pro. The install screen pops up "waiting for signal".  I press the test button on the DS10a and everything is fine. The DS10A installs correctly.

If the DS10A gets triggered, it show up in the activity log.  Even the hourly status shows up in the activity log.  All is well

Here's the problem.
If I right click on the DS10A module, then click on "Edit Module" to say change the name of the module then click on the OK button, The word "Install" appears on the icon over the Magnet picture and I have to re-install the DS10A module again.  Even if I don't change anything on the "Edit Module" screen and just click the OK button, the "Install" still appears.

This also happens when I do the above on the Security Remote (Sh624).  I suspect that it will happen on the Keyfob as well.

Aquadeveloper

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2007, 06:57:44 PM »

Hi,

Is there a 'list' of codes that ActiveHome/AHP auto send out when its started up or shut down?
I know about P16 = On on startup.  Just wondering about others, etc.

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2007, 10:38:57 PM »

The ability to switch off the RF Receive on the CM15A.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2007, 08:45:49 AM »

Pleaes know that your comments have not gone unnoticed.  I have forwarded these items to our Design Team so that they can be aware of it.  Thanks for all the great suggestions!

-MichaelM

Any idea when we might see the next upgrade?

JimB

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2007, 01:49:36 AM »

I would like to see a fix for DayLight Savings time in AHP.  The current AHP software version had set the time back one hour on October 28th instead of November 4th.

Also, I would like to see support for the Insteon Modules within AHP.

Thanks.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2007, 07:48:08 AM »

Is your CM15 connected to the PC 24/7?  The CM15 gets its time from Windows if it's connected, if it isn't, it goes by what's hard coded in the firmware. It's not AHP that controls it.

Unless X10 will change the firmware in the CM15A, give everyone who bought one a new one free of charge (which is not going to happen.

For those who don't keep the CM15A connected, your only choices are when the daylight savings time changes are due, connect it to the PC or do nothing and constantly complain.

This morning at 7:15 AM, the timer tuned on the bedroom lights, the time specified in the timer.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 07:49:50 AM by Dan Lawrence »

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2007, 12:12:36 PM »

Fix the OnAlert Help... add the correct file, and fix the internal link to open it up from the AHP GUI.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.