Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro setup  (Read 10057 times)

fsmith1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macro setup
« on: October 13, 2007, 10:18:43 AM »

Ok, I guess I'm just stupid, but I can't figure out how to get a macro to run by itself!  I have a macro that starts with and if statement with a time element. 

ie: If after 6pm ...run macro

It won't run either in the interface (15) or via the pc, automatically!  IT WILL RUN fine when manually started.

SO, I put in a second part of the condition and it says IF after 6pm AND time between 6pm and 11pm RUN MACRO.  Still won't auto run from either the interface or the pc, but will run fine when manually started

Is there something I am missing??

PS:  The clock is set correctly on the pc and works fine.

Frank

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Macro setup
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 10:40:03 AM »

What is the "trigger"?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 10:43:31 AM »

There are 3 parts to a macro:

• 1. The Trigger: This is the X10 Address that will active the Macro (e.g. C5 ON)

• 2. The Conditions: This part is optional. It is used to decide when the macro runs after it is triggered. (e.g. If after 6pm)

• 3. The Commands: What gets executed with the macro gets Triggered and the Conditions are met. (e.g. Turn a light on)

...I can't figure out how to get a macro to run by itself!

The macro needs a trigger to run. If you want a light or something to come on automatically at 6pm you need a Timer not a Macro.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 11:46:00 AM by Puck »

fsmith1

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 05:42:47 PM »

As in DUH!  Don't know what I was thinking.   Thought the macro should not need a trigger, just a timer.  Works now.

THANKS

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 08:24:28 PM »

You CAN trigger the macro by a timer. Click the "clock" on the lower right corner of the macro in the AHP screen, and you can pick the time(s) you want to trigger the macro.
In that case, I would remove the conditions, though.

brozup

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 06:36:26 PM »

Looking for some assistance w/ what I think should be a simple macro to set up and run.  However I cannot find the necessary posts for help.  Can you please help me configure a macro that will:

Run after dusk.
When the eagle eye motion sensor is triggerd. (B2)
Porch lights brighten to 100%. (A6)
3 minute delay.
Porch light dims back to 80%.

Notes: The eagle eye triggers a chime (B2) when I am in the basement and someone is at my front door.  And yes I am new to macros.

thank you,
brozup

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 06:54:33 PM »

brozup: Welcome to the forum.

Do you have the Smart Macros plug-in? I believe you need this to use Status Flags (someone correct me if Status Flags are there without Smart Macros).

Run after dusk.
When the eagle eye motion sensor is triggered. (B2)
Porch lights brighten to 100%. (A6)
3 minute delay.
Porch light dims back to 80%.

First: do you have a timer to turn the light A6 ON to 80% at Dusk? Then OFF at Dawn or another time? You will need a starting point, and a Dusk / Dawn(?) Timer would be the simplest.

Second: make a macro to brighten & dim the light but prevent it from re-occurring within the 3 minutes.

Trigger:
B2 ON

Conditions:
Time between Dusk & Dawn(?)
and Flag Status Off - 1

Actions:
Set Flags [1]
Brighten Light A6 by 20%
Delay 3 minutes
Dim Light A6 by 20%
Clear Flags [1]

brozup

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 07:01:53 PM »

I do have the Smart Macro Plug in. 
Yes, the porch light is on a timer from dusk to 11PM.  It dims to 80% for the entire period.  I keep using B2 as the trigger when trying to set up the macro but nothing happens.  If I run it manualy it will work.  Very confused, flags,etc...

brozup

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 07:07:50 PM »

PS.  I keep trying to find the eagle eye motion sensor to begin my macro but I don't see it as an option.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 08:54:14 PM »

PS.  I keep trying to find the eagle eye motion sensor to begin my macro but I don't see it as an option.

If the macro is to "triggered" by a house/unit code.... say A1. Then the house/unit on the EagleEye would be A1.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 10:15:55 PM »

I keep using B2 as the trigger when trying to set up the macro but nothing happens.  If I run it manualy it will work.  Very confused, flags,etc...

If if runs when you press the macro manually and not when the EagleEye (B2) detects motion, there are a couple things to verify:

1) Check you activity monitor and make sure the CM15A is receiving the EagleEye's signals.

2) If your macro has the Run from PC selected, House Code B needs to be transceived.

3) Verify the conditions of the macro are true when you expect it to work. Pressing the macro button manual bypasses all conditions.

brozup

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 10:03:23 AM »

Wow it works.  Thank you very much for helping me with my first macro.  Now I can get started on setting up Alert Dialer.  I am stuck on voice modems. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.