Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VA11A Format - PAL?  (Read 25793 times)

jasontf

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VA11A Format - PAL?
« on: January 16, 2008, 10:27:47 PM »

I have a PAL-format camera that I'd like to use with X10.  That's the European format of TV (the US is NTSC format).  Will the VA11A pick up this signal or does it have to be NTSC?  I'm planning to use the iWatchOut software.

zach1234

Re: VA11A Format - PAL?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 10:53:24 AM »

Sorry But I think it needs to be NTSC. I had made a software similar to vanguard but the system crashed and lost all data. You could probably tamper with settings and get it to work. Make sure to make a restore point (just in case).

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 03:14:16 PM »

I don't think the cam format matters since your putting it on the PC not the TV. ;)
Windows Movie Maker doesn't have a setting for this either and the VA11A works with it! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

MichaelC

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 05:44:47 PM »

The video chipset in the VA11A can handle PAL or NTSC, and I think you don't need to do anything particular to handle it. X10 sells the VA11E in Europe, but  I'm almost certain it's exactly the same as the VA11A. I do recall there being a low level setting for video devices in Windows that allows you to select, but I can't remember how to get there and it shouldn't really be necessary.

daytona7

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 11:59:36 AM »

NERO by Memorex has a program that will change NTSC to PAL.  Have used it to transcode PAL DVD'S to NTSC.

Gilbert

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 01:09:21 PM »

Normally, a PAL feed must be seen on any TV/DVR/usb tool, but in B/W, even the cam is in colour. It's related to the frequency.

The same way, a NTSC feed can be viewed (in B/W) on any PAL device. It's the same for VHS tapes. You need a dual frequency VHS player to see both tapes in colour.

Gilbert

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.