Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: other brands of wireless cameras with x10  (Read 73632 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
other brands of wireless cameras with x10
« on: October 01, 2007, 10:07:12 AM »

Hello,

Does anyone know if other brands of 2.4Ghz wireless cameras will work with x10 receivers and vcr commander? The one I have in mind is Q-SEE 2.4GHz wireless camera with night vision. ???

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: other brands of wireless cameras with x10
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 10:15:07 AM »

There is a way to make them work ;)
If X10's reciever won't work use the reciever recomended by the manufacturer then plug the outputs into the VCR commander! ;)
If you want them to work with X10 cam software plug the video output into the VA11A ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

birdzeye

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 08:27:15 PM »

There is a way to make them work ;)
If X10's reciever won't work use the reciever recomended by the manufacturer then plug the outputs into the VCR commander! ;)
If you want them to work with X10 cam software plug the video output into the VA11A ;)

The non-x10 camera has a receiver/tv combo. That is, the receiver is in the 5.5" tv monitor that it came with. I can view my x10 cameras on this tv monitor, on one of the 4 channel frequencies, and the non-10 camera on another channel frequency. If I try to set ALL cameras to one channel, the non-x10 camera overrides the x10 cameras and I can only view it. Is there a way to view ALL the cameras on ONE channel frequency? ??? (The 4 channels ABCD seem to be the same as the x10 ones).

One other really good thing about this non-10 tv monitor is it picks up the signal from my vr46a so I can watch TV on it. ;D

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 11:33:23 AM »

The non X10 cam must have a way to be turned off via X10 ,use a appliance module and plug the non x10 cams power supply into it! ;)
set the appliance module to the same house code as the cams but on it's own unit code!
eg: set non x10 cam to C1, set x10 cams C2,3, & 4 set them all to the same channel frequency! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

birdzeye

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 02:36:48 PM »

The non X10 cam must have a way to be turned off via X10 ,use a appliance module and plug the non x10 cams power supply into it! ;)
set the appliance module to the same house code as the cams but on it's own unit code!
eg: set non x10 cam to C1, set x10 cams C2,3, & 4 set them all to the same channel frequency! ;)

Tuicemen, I kinda tried this already except by using a socket rocket sandwiched between two adapters, and then plugging the non-x10 camera into this. All I get is interference, and no camera reception at all--neither x10 nor non-x10 cameras. The socket rocket + adapter thing will work to turn off and on appliances such as a 2 pin ghetto-blaster/radio,  and it will turn on and off the non-x10 tv monitor that came with the non-x10 camera. It will also turn on and off the non-x10 camera but all I get is interference for a picture! Do you think an x10 appliance module would work any better for the camera picture reception?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:03:23 PM by birdzeye »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 05:21:01 PM »

An appliance module is what I use for my Astak IR cams without any issues!
It is possible that the monitor must have a video feed from one of its cams in order for it to work! :(
If you simply unplug your non x10 cam can you view your X10 cams from the monitor?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

birdzeye

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 07:56:39 PM »

An appliance module is what I use for my Astak IR cams without any issues!
It is possible that the monitor must have a video feed from one of its cams in order for it to work! :(
If you simply unplug your non x10 cam can you view your X10 cams from the monitor?

Yes, if I unplug the non-x10 cam I can view my x10 cams from the non-x10 camera monitor.

Also, if I have the non-10 cam on channel C and the x10 cams on channel A, I can view them all. But if I put the non-10 cam on channel A with the x10 cams on channel A as well, I can only view the non-x10 cam---it seems to overide the other camera signals.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:05:51 PM by birdzeye »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 08:05:20 PM »

OK then the Appliance module should do the trick, it never hurts to have a few of these as spares on hand anyways! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

birdzeye

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 08:06:47 PM »

OK then the Appliance module should do the trick, it never hurts to have a few of these as spares on hand anyways! ;) :D

OK. Should it be 2pin or 3pin or does it matter?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »

I just used the 2 pin but it shouldn't matter unless the cam has a 3 pin plug! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

birdzeye

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 10:13:29 PM »

Tuicemen, I got the 3-pin and it works! :) The only problem is in turning off the other cameras when I turn one of the non-10 cams on, if you know what I mean. Like if I switch from an x10 cam to ONE of the non-x10 cams, I have to make sure that the x10 cams are off AND that the other non-10 cam is off too. Any tips on how to deal with this? I was thinking maybe an active eye motion sensor set to turn on and off for the non-10 cam  ???

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 06:40:08 PM »

Selecting one cam should turn others in the same group off if setup correctly. I used a software macro to do this but now I'm using Active Home Pro (AHP) iwitness (video plug-in) ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

birdzeye

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 09:47:02 PM »

Selecting one cam should turn others in the same group off if setup correctly. I used a software macro to do this but now I'm using Active Home Pro (AHP) iwitness (video plug-in) ;)

Selecting one cam if all the cams are x10 brand will turn the others in the same group off. The problem I'm having is that 2 non-x10 cams in one group without any other x10 cams in the group, each plugged into an x10 appliance module, will turn off manually but not automatically. If I want to view one of the non-x10 cams, I have to manually turn off the other non-10 cam plus turn off the last x10 cam that was still on.

Is there a way for this to work? I currently have 4 x10 cams A1,A2,A3,A4....and 2 non x10 cams at A10,A11. (A9 is a light, A12 is blank).

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 08:06:19 AM »

birdzeye Change non x10 cam addresses to A5, A6 then test.
You really should have all cams on a separate address and preferable not house code A  ;)
You don't want turning on a cam to turn off a light on you.
I have x10cams and non working together on one house code  B2, B3, B4, B5, B6  ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

birdzeye

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 11:32:06 AM »

birdzeye Change non x10 cam addresses to A5, A6 then test.
You really should have all cams on a separate address and preferable not house code A  ;)
You don't want turning on a cam to turn off a light on you.
I have x10cams and non working together on one house code  B2, B3, B4, B5, B6  ;)

OK thanks, I'll give it a try. One other thing I wanted to ask you though, is would it work well if I put one of the non-x10 cams plugged into the transceiver TM751 on code B1? That way I could save the appliance module to use for something else besides the non-x10 cam.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.