Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: other brands of wireless cameras with x10  (Read 73635 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: other brands of wireless cameras with x10
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 11:52:03 AM »

OK thanks, I'll give it a try. One other thing I wanted to ask you though, is would it work well if I put one of the non-x10 cams plugged into the transceiver TM751 on code B1? That way I could save the appliance module to use for something else besides the non-x10 cam.
Yes!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 08:46:43 PM »

I just read in the x10 wiki somewhere that because the cameras are set up in groups of 4, if you have more than 4 cameras, then you have to manually shut of the other cameras in order to view only one camera at a time, in a particular group of 4 cameras,  so that there's no interference.

Is there a way around this? I have tried the suggestion given here earlier about having all my cameras on one housecode and set up in numerically ascending order (eg B1,B2,B3,B4 and B5,B6.....etc) but still I have to manually turn off the other camera in order for only one camera in a group to be on without interference.

??? >:( :-\ :'(

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 06:59:48 PM »

Hi all. This is the first time for me on the forum, so be patient with the newbie. I am now a few month into the world of X10 and even with a very shaky start of what was almost became a toy for my 10 year old and his two younger brothers, was saved and has blossomed all thanks to the great folks at ....X10 community forum. You folks have saved me from so far embarrassment and shame in front of my wife to becoming the the mid 40 S tech geek father hero.
       To make is it short for now, I am at a small crossroad with detour. Got my hands on a 3 pack Astak cams with receiver and got one connected to my present Ninja and have received a great picture on AHP video using x10 receiver on the same channel. So to get two or more Astak cams or have my other 2 X2 cams all working in harmony in AHP I tried to connect the Askak to a LM465 and found the video to have distorted and noisy picture. What might I be doing wrong. Does using a lamp module create the noise. because by plugging the cam directly into the a regular outlet I get a perfect picture both live and on the web. does using other modules help fix my problem. Have a TM751 didn't try that for a connection but I am a about to add a few more I items to my growing list of x10 inventory for the house and business security and surveillance and automation with entertainment.
     Look forward to any help and thanks
BaBaLou.

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 09:23:11 PM »

BaBaLou welcome to the boards...

I use 3 Astak cams and there are a couple of ways you might do this. First would be to replace the lamp module with an appliance module. The Appliance modules will act as an On-Off for the cams.

I have all my cams powered up 24/7 and use a video switch to view the one I want. I also have a DVR card in the computer and software to record each cam and view them within that software. By the way all my cams are hard wired.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

BaBaLou.

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 12:36:14 PM »

Thanks KDR for the responce, did try a TM751 transceiver and it did work. Do feel comfortable that the appliance switch will work fine then. time to restock. The picture came in very clear but as with the Astak the cams seem to always want to use the night vision unless its outside. These are wireless and using the x10 receiver has worked very well so far. don't really care to use audio yet but that's for a future venture.  But I do wonder does using multiple connection of wired and wireless input into a PC. can you use two or more VA11A at once or using a Y input is just as effective. just Cheaper. but still need to switch module on and off then only to view one at time? Is other software other than AHP capable of seeing multiple connection even at the same time or is AHP the best one to have since it seems to do it all so far? Thanks
BaBaLou.

Gilbert

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 01:04:08 PM »

I have different cams but I need to keep them all ON for other purposes (DVR).
I solved my problem by adding a pelco switcher and an auto delay. All cams are plugged and all the streams are redirected to the DVR, AND the single output (from cam1 to cam8) is redirected to the va11 and AHP automatically.

So, the DVR is working as desired and I have all feeds redirected to one switched x10 view !

Gilbert

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 07:46:15 PM »

But I do wonder does using multiple connection of wired and wireless input into a PC. can you use two or more VA11A at once or using a Y input is just as effective. just Cheaper. but still need to switch module on and off then only to view one at time? Is other software other than AHP capable of seeing multiple connection even at the same time or is AHP the best one to have since it seems to do it all so far? Thanks

I have not tried 2 VA11A's but I don't think you can. Seems I did read somewhere here on the boards that it was tried and didn't work. I use "Y" connectors all over the place  rofl.

As for other software I use the program that came with my video capture card/DVR and it works good. Puts 4 cams on the screen all live at once. I use the "Y" connectors to feed the video into a switch, then the VA11A and then to APH. They do make 4, 8, 16 and 32 channel cards.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.