Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active Home Pro Just the Basics (not just for the Newbies)!  (Read 35292 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Active Home Pro Just the Basics (not just for the Newbies)!
« on: October 03, 2007, 11:49:17 AM »

This is not to be confused with a trouble shooting thread but more an info (get to know AHP) page!
As the forum grows and we get more and more repeatQ&As
Great info is buried deep (lost) in the Cork board of a forum! :(
Some of the old questions or discovery's are being re-posted about as well as some new ones!
In order to make them easier to locate I'm starting this thread! ;)

As I'm just getting started on this the links will be few in number but as time permits it will grow with your help!
If you happen to find any tidbit of useful info feel free to: PM any CO or EA to get the link or info added!
 I'll start out with Tools:
I'll a tempt to explain each and add links with more info as I or others find them!
  • Download Timers and Macros : This downloads your configuration timers,macros to the CM15A (provided it is plugged in to the USB)  ;)

• Clear Memory :  This clears All info on the CM15A (removing the batteries and unplugging will not do this)!

• Hardware Configuration ... : This opens another screen which you input your location,time zone ,Dawn/dusk resolution,battery status,which house code to monitor and which house codes you want set as transceived you must click on the Update interface button to add this info to the CM15A!
    What's The Difference Between Monitored and Transceived HouseCodes?

• Find Other Computers ... : This brings up a screen which shows all house codes which the CM15A has seen since the last time the history was cleared. Other Detected Codes Are ones to watch out for
    The red box with ?

• Purge Delayed Macro Events : this stops all macro which may be running at this time!
    Note: this should be pressed before you update your Cm15A with any info to prevent info on the CM15A from getting corrupt!

• Lights and Units on/off is self explanatory

• Activity Monitor ... : This brings up a screen which shows all info sent and received by the CM15A Since last cleared (it only holds the last X number of entries which is configurable I'll post a link when I find it)

• Clear History :This clears all info in the Activity Monitor As well as the red  and yellow boxes in the Find other Computers screen!
    Note: it clears nothing in the CM15A

• Preferences... : This opens another screen with all your additional options and warnings for AHP
    Note: the event history length is the # of events which is displayed in the Activity monitor.
    Options for macros and any plug-ins you may have install are also located here in Preferences

• Empty Deleted Modules : this removes any modules you may have deleted from the program AHP has its own recycle bin although I've yet to try to restore a deleted module
    Note: If it is greyed out it means there is nothing in the recycle bin

• Video Functions : This allows you to start Camera functions of the Active Cam
    Note: This is only available if you have the iWitnes/iWatchout plug-in

Next I'll attempt to list some Observations,Tips & Warnings
This is hardly a finished Thread ::) more info will be added as I or other COs find time!
With Your involvement:
We can keep valuable info from getting lost in the forum!
Often referred to as a Cork Board

PM a Comunity Organizer or Expert Advisor today!
And become an active member of the Cheers Gang ;) :D ;D
You Can in the mean time find more info at the X10 Knowledge Base under Active Home Pro
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:42:42 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Active Home Pro Just the Basics (not just for the Newbies)!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 09:44:59 AM »

*****Up Date:*****
New newbie Observations link added
>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.