Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not matter what I do or tech tell me to do it does not work......  (Read 18590 times)

reallymad

• Helpful Post Rating: -2

Following post after post and after post..calling tech..support day and night
 I have come with the conclusion that this product IS NOT WHAT IS ADVERTISED...

Yes Iam MAD cuz I didn't research this forum before buying...everyone have some problem
with this product...I have done the best of my ability to understand the system with not avail..
from poor video receiving and sending, to CPU crashes. my computer shuts down every time I want to watch the recordered files. never the less couldn't never was able to watch the system from a remote computer not matter how many time I trayed to updates...I am running on OS Win Xp/2.5 G if any one can convince me that this thing will works..if not....Yes in did
I will pack everything and get my money back...good look to you all.... ???

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Re: Not matter what I do or tech tell me to do it does not work......
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »

reallymad, If you can tell us what X10 equipment you have and how you have it setup at the moment, include House and Unit codes we may be able to help you get things working. Please describe the problems your have with everything.

To be honest I don't think we have run into very many problems where someone hasn't been able to help and get things working.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

reallymad

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 01:59:08 PM »

at first the system I have is the x10 system with 4 camera and one of it is the ninja pan/tilt one.
 I have installed the X10 DRIVERS and VANGUARD software....All camera are connected and kinda working.
some of then with blinking, snowing and raining reception no matter where I move the antenna... the motion sensors sometime works when there is no motion detected. Everything is connected on House (A) and camera 1-4 the same with the motion sensors. I can see each individual camera on my PC and some time it freezes up, I have only been able to do a test recording to the PC and the computer crash or give me the blue screen telling me the a fatal error has occurred, every time I try ed to open it. when the vanguard is turned on and I try to connet it will blink on and offline for a while then will stay yellow but no green  bars are displayed and the same when I try the remote computer at work will be conneted (yellow)(no image). tech told me do and update..did don't work. also the VCR commander II can't learn the code from my VCR, so..I quit that....!!! I' not buying another VCR.
Is a Sh***t load of problem I only hope my PC don't get affected..tech-support don't really knows much or give any big help, sametime  changes from person the person Avery time I called...and nothing to remedy the problem...(Celeron 2.5 GHz 1.78 mb of ram /WinXP 2000)..I hope you can help me...thanks

Thrillkiller

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 11:39:34 AM »

First your PC cant get screwed by this sytem ..

Second if you slow down I can get you up and running. Like I said before you are very impatient and that isnt helping you at all. I would believe that you have problems with your computer in other areas too not just this set up. Anyways to view remotely you need to set up your computer to accept you when you try to log into it..

Have you done this properly??

What are the specs of your computer and what type of hardware is in it..??

You may have a conflict with some hardware and that is easily fixed..??

What is the distance you have the cameras from the reciever.. You can boost the signal if they are far away.

What other wireless stuiff are you running.. Eg phones wireless internet satelitte etc..

there are things to do please if you want to get it running and can be patient you can pm me and I will give my email and help

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 05:51:47 PM »

there are things to do please if you want to get it running and can be patient you can pm me and I will give my email and help

Thrillkiller Thanks for jumping in and helping out. Its people like you that make this board such a great place to come for help. If reallymad responds to you by PM or email and you get things fixed and working please post back here what the solution to his problem was. This way it may help others resolve similar issues. Again thanks.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

reallymad

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 07:40:23 PM »

Thrillkiller Thanks .... I fixed the problems I send it back...never again..!!! :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.