Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VK82A audio/video sender/receiver- no sound  (Read 18574 times)

mac55

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
VK82A audio/video sender/receiver- no sound
« on: October 08, 2007, 03:00:06 PM »

I have tried and tried hooking this up- the receiver is set up to an older set and I have to use the coaxial cable instead of the red/yellow/white.  I finally got video but the audio - if I get it - is barely audible.  I've switched channels and do not get anything whatsoever doing that.  The rooms are about 25 feet apart through 2 walls.  Any ideas?  I've hooked up lots of things but I'm about ready to send it back. 

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: VK82A audio/video sender/receiver- no sound
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 04:52:59 PM »

I finally got video but the audio - if I get it - is barely audible.  ....................... The rooms are about 25 feet apart through 2 walls.  Any ideas?  I've hooked up lots of things but I'm about ready to send it back. 

I use these things with no problem what-so-ever. Although positioning the antenna makes a big difference.... so does the cables used.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

mac55

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 05:06:53 PM »

Beats me, I've used everything that came with it,  tried all options and nothing is working to bring in the sound.  It took some working and maneuvering to get the video.   First time I haven't been able to get something to work properly.   >:(   I've boxed it up and its going back.

jbourque_99

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 09:52:09 PM »

This dude Dave must work for X10. He seems to be the only one with no issues. My "Audio/Video Sender/Lola" package is in the closet in the box I bought it in. I've tried everything to get a decent signal, but there's a problem. Everything now uses 2.4 Ghz, which happens to be the same frequency this "little jewel" uses. So, unless you have NO wireless devices in your house, you may be just outa luck!!! >:( >:(

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 09:18:17 AM »

This dude Dave must work for X10. He seems to be the only one with no issues. My "Audio/Video Sender/Lola" package is in the closet in the box I bought it in. I've tried everything to get a decent signal, but there's a problem. Everything now uses 2.4 Ghz, which happens to be the same frequency this "little jewel" uses. So, unless you have NO wireless devices in your house, you may be just outa luck!!! >:( >:(

No... actually.... I don't work for X10 (I don't even get a discount on my X10 purchases). The fact that we volunteer here to help other users... is posted all-over this forum. Also... I can assure you... I am far from the only person having success with these units.

Your correct about MANY home devices using 2.4 Ghz. But there is a lot of bandwidth in the 2.4 and most (except phones) are switchable. Chris S. was kind enough to post this listing of frequencies. <click the link.

Welcome to the forums jbourque_99. If your still interested in getting your sender/receivers working... we will work  with you.. just keep posting.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 09:21:34 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

RSVP

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 08:52:25 PM »

I had this item for two days. On the first day I hooked it up to an older TV in my bedroom. I went through a VCR. Nothing happened. I then purchased an RF Modulator AV Signal Converter and removed the VCR. Still nothing. I put both the sender and receiver TVs in the same area and tried everything and still no picture or sound. Finally I went out and bought a new LCD HDTV for my bedroom. As I had it downstairs near to the sender I hooked it up. NOTHING. I called support and they think the product is defective. I'm waiting for an e-mail with the return label. Hopefully the replacement will work or I will have to do just what their advertisement tells you won't have to do; get another cable box for the bedroom TV.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.