Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lamp module timer VS macro  (Read 2002 times)

tolum

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Lamp module timer VS macro
« on: October 15, 2007, 01:35:43 PM »

Hi;
I'm using Active Home Pro.
I have a WS12A to turn on my front outdoor lights and program a timer with AHP for Dusk/Dawn operation.
Also, I build a Macro, using a MS16A motion sensor to turn on the same lights for 10 minutes after detection and turn off lights after that delay.

When outdoor lights are on due to the dusk/dawn timer and somebody is detected by the motion sensor the light remains on because they are already on, but when the motion sensor macro 10 minutes delay finish an order to turn OFF lights is send.

Question: Why the lights that have a programmed timer to stay on from Dusk to dawn turns OFF even if the timer is in the ON state?

Thanks!

Thierry

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Lamp module timer VS macro
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 01:55:09 PM »

Question: Why the lights that have a programmed timer to stay on from Dusk to dawn turns OFF even if the timer is in the ON state?

Keep in mind that a timer does not program a device to stay on; it is just programmed to turn on at some time and programmed to turn off at another time. Many other activities can still happen in between these two times and effect that particular device.

If you have a timer set with the intention of having the light stay on from Dusk until Dawn, then I have to ask why you have a macro for motion control of the light as well?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.