Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X10 Wireless D7000 home security set up issues/false alarms/rearming  (Read 22948 times)

kyle99

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: X10 Wireless D7000 home security set up issues/false alarms/rearming
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 11:56:14 AM »

Well, I have had the system in for almost a month now, and the initial teething problems seem to have been worked out....I have not been able to arm my shed yet as the signal is too weak, though when I test a power horn, it communicates fine when placed there....No false alams, and no more mystery disarmings (more careful with handling the remotes so as to not accidently disarm when leaving the premises)  My next question....I have gathered thus far that power horns and plug in light controls do not take up zone space on the system...Only motion and door window sensors do....so, how many power horns and light controls can I add to my existing 30 piece setup ....I am using 12 zones out of 16 so far, and am only using one keychain remote out of three...I want the house to scream with flashing lights and sirens if someone gets in again.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 11:58:54 AM by kyle99 »

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 01:45:21 PM »

kyle99
power horns and plug in light controls do not take up zone space

As many as you want. You could in theory plug a powerhorn or light control into every outlet in your house. As long as they are set to the same housecode as your DS7000, the lights will flash and the horns will sound.

You can have up to 16 door/window sensors and up to 8 remotes but again, they have nothing to do with the horns or light controls.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 03:17:34 PM »

As for the weak signal from the shed you might try a taping a wire on the top of the sensor case to see if that helps.  There was a message on here (some where) concerning a "passive antenna" for a slimline switch.  If I remember it was a coat hanger wire about 9 1/2" long.  Sorry I can't be more specific, but can't research it right now.

kyle99

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 03:42:44 PM »

Thanks for the replies....I will put in an order for more lamp modules and sirens shortly....I installed a couple of lamp modules already and have noted the quick blink on and off from the lamps when I arm up, along with a couple second tone from the power horn.....I will hook up two more lamp modules this evening.....I also relocated two of my motion detectors to hallways where they appear to work better on the #1 setting without causing false alarms.....so my upstairs and downstairs is covered by both motion and door sensors on room entrances.....I would actually like to install motion sensors in every room that has an exterior window, as otherwise someone can break a window and then enter a room and see and disable the door sensor before exiting the room.......or else if they break in one room at a time via a window and go in and out each room without opening doors...I am in the meantime banking on the motion detector in the hallway as a second line of defense in the scenario where someone enters via a window and then moves within the house...they disable the door sensor, then open the door, walk out into the hallway and then get caught by the motion detector.....but that will require reconfiguring or marrying two systems together, as explained by others earlier in the thread, as I am already close to maxxing out my 16 zones already.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 03:55:45 PM by kyle99 »

kyle99

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 07:02:40 PM »

I did some testing tonight after my latest modifications.....4 light modules have been installed to lamps.....My motion detectors are now mounted in upstairs and downstairs hallways which are relatively narrow compared to the large rooms they were in before.....I did a walk test outside on the property and was quite impressed with the range that I was getting with the handheld console.  I was out about 125-135 feet from the house and could still easily arm and disarm the system, as well as go to panic mode and also easily controlled the interior lamp controls from that distance......I will have to do some additional work on the door sensor on the shed as the shed is not nearly as far out from the house as I was during the test.......My interior motion test went well, as both hallway motion detectors triggered in complete darkness and worked fine with repeated tests.....so things are going fine overall thus far.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 07:09:20 PM by kyle99 »

jcbobeda

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »

Have you considered the possibility of installing 2 door sensors, one on each side of the door on those doors that have exterior windows? If someone sees the door sensor and disables it and then opens the door, the second door sensor will trigger the alarm system.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.